Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to build two RRSP (retirement portfolios) for my girlfriend and I
some quick thoughts.

1. Is it really a good idea to build two completely different portfolios? This is assuming that you're the one who is basically building both of them, one for you and one for her. This is of course up to the two of you but I would carefully think if this might not raise some issues later, for example in the event where you pick stocks for her that do not work out. Also, twice the amount of stocks = twice the amount of time to keep up with them, if you plan on doing this.

2. Canadian banks are certainly a solid option and the valuations are quite ok here.

3. I'd definitely consider adding the "basic stuff" (like JNJ, your industrial of choosing, maybe some consumer staples?) to both portfolios. You can of course add more companies from these sectors too if you feel like it and want the portfolios to have different stocks in them.

4. Might want to add some defense names. You have GD there but you could also look into RTX, LHX, LMT, NOC.
I am personally a big fan of the sector, so do take that into account, but I'd have at least 1 in each portfolio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking to build two RRSP (retirement portfolios) for my girlfriend and I - by crimsonghost747 - 06-17-2020, 09:38 AM