Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hey everyone,

My name is Matt and I'm 31 and want to turn 2016 into a year of investing some money. I'm not looking for so much as in retirement money as I am more interested in a hey my roof needs replacing (Hopefully in 10 years & not less..haha) and I'm interested in making dividends start to work for me as in paying some bills. I know I need to grow a substantial amount to make that happen, and I know it's not going to happen by tomorrow. So I just need some help along my journey. I have invested before and kicked myself in the a** plenty of times of stupid purchases (not reading into stocks & penny stocks) all the way to selling stocks that would be very nice to have now :/ .......

I want to put that all in the past and start fresh again. I don't have much to start with and little to put in on a monthly basis for now but hope to grow as some expenses expire and I can put more in. $500 is what I'm looking to start with and $100 a month after that (with putting extra cash in when I can). So if there is any right path I need to get on and some pointers anyone want to throw my way, I would love to hear them and actually focus this time around rather than go all willy nilly about things Smile

The first "stock" I was looking at is actually a REIT called ARR that has been giving out monthly dividends @ $0.33 for the past 6 months, Idk if that is going to change or not or is a bad choice, price as of today was $21.88, which makes it feel nice to me as I can accumulate more shares than stocks that are higher and only payout quarterly or annually. Stupid or decent option for me?

Thanks,
 -Matt

Messages In This Thread
Hello! - by mattnyy84 - 01-06-2016, 07:03 PM
RE: Hello! - by Caversham - 01-06-2016, 07:39 PM
RE: Hello! - by Kerim - 01-06-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: Hello! - by DividendGarden - 01-07-2016, 09:57 AM
RE: Hello! - by Dividend Watcher - 01-07-2016, 09:07 PM
RE: Hello! - by rayray - 01-20-2016, 02:14 PM