Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all!
Well I've got a funny situation where it's a bit hard to say where I live. Basically traveling a lot... living in different places etc. Mostly France/Finland for the past few years though maybe about a third of that time has been in other countries, mainly western Europe/Africa/middle east. So I'm used to a bit of everything.

To someone visiting once in a while, the Netherlands seems really awesome. Beautiful cities, friendly people, nice cosy and relaxed atmosphere... basically I fell in love ever since I visited the first time. But I'm sure there must be some downsides... things that you don't notice until you've lived there for a while. But just the knowledge that you actually like living there (most Dutch people say the same) is already a big plus... often people always see that the grass is greener on the other side. But yeah, any info on the bad side of things would be more than welcome, no one ever tells you that!

So far I've been to Amsterdam, The Hague, Utrecht, Breda, Amersfoort... I think that's it for the larger cities. Not a big fan of Amsterdam but the rest seem pretty damn nice. Still not sure where I want to settle down though.. Leiden might be an option but I need to go and explore first.

Completely agree with you on the whole immigration thing but that problem extends around the whole of Europe right now.
As for my reasons. Well like I said, I fell in love with the country ever since I visited for the first time. And everytime I've been there it's just confirmed my thoughts... the Netherlands is definitely nicer than any country I've lived in the past. But falling in love with a Dutch girl is what pretty much sealed the deal. :p

Messages In This Thread
Hello all! - by DutchDiv - 11-07-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: Hello all! - by crimsonghost747 - 11-07-2015, 01:02 PM
RE: Hello all! - by DutchDiv - 11-08-2015, 04:35 AM
RE: Hello all! - by crimsonghost747 - 11-08-2015, 09:08 AM