Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young, Green investor. Questions abound.
Hey All!

I actually was introduced to dividend investing via Motley fool when I was around 16-17, then totally forgot about it (doh!) now I'm 23, not much cash to invest, and found this forum through Dividend Mantra. I also bought the dividend toolkit and am making a checklist SOP that will help me evaluate stocks.

I have a Roth IRA and brokerage with Schwab.

I have an initial question with Dollar Cost Averaging. When someone says they will DCA a stock and gradually open up a position, what exactly does that entail?

Is DCA referring to adding money to the Roth IRA/brokerage account or investing in a specific stock?

The reason I ask is because Schwab doesn't allow for fractional share buying, and if DCA is simply investing every month the same amount of money, isn't fractional share buying mandatory in that regard?

Looking forward to looking through DGF!

Oh and for you broke twenty something investors: If you have a NYPL library card, you can get access to Morningstar's Investment Research Center for free! If you're not in NYC, I'd check your local library. Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
Young, Green investor. Questions abound. - by Divaddendum - 08-21-2015, 01:09 PM
RE: Young, Green investor. Questions abound. - by benjamen - 08-21-2015, 01:41 PM
RE: Young, Green investor. Questions abound. - by benjamen - 08-21-2015, 01:56 PM