Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REITS in Taxable Brokerage Accounts: Good or Bad
I'm a huge fan of Vanguard being with them for almost 20 years and counting. I have a regular brokerage account and my ROTH with Vanguard. What you do, as Vanguard explained is open up a sweep account within your ROTH, the sweep account, basically a MMA, is where you park your money until the monies is invested in a mutual fund or an individual stock of your choice. All of this is the same setup within your regular brokerage account. Personally, I realize that I can save money on commissions with other brokerages but I like having most of my money under one house such as Vanguard. They continually improve and with low cost well managed mutual funds available they're the credit union of brokerages, very hard to beat IMHO.

Kerim is right with everything he said about investing choices. I use to keep low yielding and non-dividend paying stocks in my brokerage account; however, that has been changing as time moves forward. I still don't have any REITS in my brokerage account, the only kind I would consider is a REIT directed more towards growth. At the moment, all of my REITS are in my ROTH and that's the plan for the foreseeable future. One has to keep an open mind to investing to what our options are at the moment we're investing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: REITS in Taxable Brokerage Accounts: Good or Bad - by rayray - 07-11-2015, 01:27 PM