Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balancing dividend income throughout the year
Just a general question that is not really important when looking at a big picture but I thought it might be worth talking about.

Do any of you pay any attention to balancing your dividend income more or less evenly throughout the whole year? Of course the amount of dividends is what matters but later on I believe many of us are planning to live at least partly on dividend income so it would certainly make things easier to have more or less even distributions for most months. Rent/mortgage, bills, insurance etc. have to be paid monthly.

For example a large majority of my quarterly dividend payers pay in February, May, August and November. So later on down the line I will be looking at a good income during these months but very little during the other 8 months. Now obviously with proper budgeting this will not become an issue but there is a reason why most employers pay their employees a monthly salary, not a quarterly one.

Personally I'm not really worried about this as I have quite a few REITs that monthly and I'm pretty good at sticking to a budget. Just wondering what everyone's view is on this tiny little detail.

Messages In This Thread
Balancing dividend income throughout the year - by crimsonghost747 - 04-25-2015, 04:09 AM