Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balancing dividend income throughout the year
(08-25-2019, 01:05 PM)Kerim Wrote: Well there's 12 minutes I'll never get back looking at "just look at this" videos.... Tongue

lol...sorry Kerim!

My wife and I giggle like little kids! That guy does another one as "Mumbles" this cowboy character walking around Philly asking people questions as he mumbles.

@Fenders   Yes, as long as they give us the cash option and interest rates are favorable I'll take the cash option on the pension. They didn't always offer it and there's always talk of it not being a choice, only the annuity. I do know some guys that took the annuity and are extremely happy, usually the guys who didn't want to deal with the market. Just within the last few years, the spouse gets something if the employee passes away--the living spouse use to get nothing if that happened. I knew so many guys that died and their spouses were in a world of hurt, very sad. Thank gawd for SS and medicare--I might be a conservative but I'm not a nutjob.

The younger guys at work don't have traditional pensions, they have enhanced k-plans where they get higher company matches then someone like myself. When that way first came out, a current employee with an "x amount" of years had a choice between sticking to the traditional pension or taking the enhanced kplan--I had too many years to walk away from the pension, even with the enhanced company match I wouldn't have made up the money. But these younger kids, now in their 30's might make out better over the long haul with the enhanced vs the pension.

I wouldn't be opposed to employee-sponsored type pensions, that the employee along with the employer adding dollars for a guaranteed pension. It would be a good option to have for employee's.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Balancing dividend income throughout the year - by rayray - 08-26-2019, 05:19 AM