Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of Stocks in a Portfolio?
I feel that the more time I spend reading around the internet about investing, the more attractive looking companies I find. I'm still in the early phases of my portfolio and I just reached 20 stocks. I'm getting to the point where I want to stop buying into new companies and to focus on increasing my holdings in the ones I already own... mainly because I think having 50+ companies... I wouldn't really be following them that closely anymore.

So currently at 20.. probably aiming for a final number somewhere between 25 and 30. I've noticed that I spend so much more time following and reading up on companies that I already own, this is kind of why I want to invest a little into companies I want to own in the long term, even if I think they are a bit expensive at the moment. Recently I did this with JNJ, I think paying over $100 was a bit much but at least I have a tiny position that makes me automatically keep an eye on the company.. I know I will be adding more JNJ later on.

I'm looking to add one more stock into my portfolio in the next month or two and then I'm happy with what I have for the moment. Obviously at some point there will be other new additions but as I said I'll start focusing on increasing my holdings in my current positions and ultimately aiming for 25-30 stocks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Number of Stocks in a Portfolio? - by EricL - 04-01-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: Number of Stocks in a Portfolio? - by Kerim - 04-07-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: Number of Stocks in a Portfolio? - by crimsonghost747 - 05-27-2015, 12:23 PM
RE: Number of Stocks in a Portfolio? - by cannew - 05-27-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Number of Stocks in a Portfolio? - by 800peace - 05-29-2015, 08:37 PM
RE: Number of Stocks in a Portfolio? - by KenBob - 05-30-2015, 09:01 AM