Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking investing with friends/family?
Just a short feel good -
When I was a young man and duty took me overseas, my old girlfriend married my best friend at the time. We have all stayed in touch for over 50 years. Through weddings, funerals, marriages, births etc.. I married late in life and introduced her to my wife and they have became good friends. I fell out of touch with JB after they divorced (amicably) late in life and he moved to the Carolina's. (sometimes empty nesting takes a toll) They are both still good people. Anyway, Now on her own late in life she had very little savings or investments to speak of, as he had poured all his monies into his business during their marital years together.  

So about 16 years ago she approached me and asked if I would help her start investing. I did, and this morning received the following text.  - "Happy New year to you both. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.. Holy Moly, That's a big end of year gain. Thank you".  - PJ

We chatted a bit this am, and together decided she should now meet with a professional financial advisor end of January to determine if she now has enough monies, investments, etc to finally retire or semi-retire on a solid footing,  so she can spend more time with her grand-kids. Dependent on the advisors answer, we will all help restructure her investments to smooth her ride moving forward.

- Just made me feel good, I could help a friend and it was a great way to kick off 2022.

- Scoot

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends". - John 15:13

Messages In This Thread
RE: Talking investing with friends/family? - by chipmunk - 06-09-2018, 02:31 PM
RE: Talking investing with friends/family? - by cannew - 06-10-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Talking investing with friends/family? - by Christinebitg - 12-28-2021, 07:36 PM
RE: Talking investing with friends/family? - by cemanuel - 12-25-2021, 09:44 AM
RE: Talking investing with friends/family? - by cemanuel - 12-25-2021, 11:38 AM
RE: Talking investing with friends/family? - by cemanuel - 12-25-2021, 11:45 AM
RE: Talking investing with friends/family? - by cemanuel - 12-29-2021, 05:22 AM
RE: Talking investing with friends/family? - by Scooterd - 01-01-2022, 10:16 AM