Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roadmap2Retire
I've held on to my South32 shares since the spinoff, in addition to the BBL shares. I think I'll just hold them forever, as that's my investing personality.
R2R,

I'm going to steal your dividend % chart for my own basic needs starting in 2017! I'll use a different color scheme though : ) It will help me keep better track of dividend increases/decreases throughout the year(s) making me a better investor.

When I do a quick read over the blogs, yours is one I check frequently. We kind of started to realign our portfolio's about the same time. While I was readjusting my portfolio I was up to about 32 to 34% in cash, then redeployed some cash back into the market. Right now, I'm averaging between 18 to 20% in cash investments--I'm excluding our residence and regular savings accounts in the total portfolio.

I'm still amazed at what you're bringing in per month, kudos! And MAN, I was really taken back with Dividend Hustler's liquidation!! But the guy is no slouch, he's a MONSTER and has a great plan in place for himself and his family. Kind of shocked me that a lot of us moved to cash in and around the same few to several months.
(11-21-2016, 11:57 PM)rayray Wrote: R2R,

I'm going to steal your dividend % chart for my own basic needs starting in 2017! I'll use a different color scheme though : )  It will help me keep better track of dividend increases/decreases throughout the year(s) making me a better investor.

When I do a quick read over the blogs, yours is one I check frequently. We kind of started to realign our portfolio's about the same time. While I was readjusting my portfolio I was up to about 32 to 34% in cash, then redeployed some cash back into the market. Right now, I'm averaging between 18 to 20% in cash investments--I'm excluding our residence and regular savings accounts in the total portfolio.

I'm still amazed at what you're bringing in per month, kudos! And MAN, I was really taken back with Dividend Hustler's liquidation!! But the guy is no slouch, he's a MONSTER and has a great plan in place for himself and his family. Kind of shocked me that a lot of us moved to cash in and around the same few to several months.

Thanks for the kind words, rayray. I am still interested in DGI, but the focus is changing -- Right now I am in a transition state, where a big portion of my portfolio is sitting in cash (about 35-40%), and the rest invested in a mix of index funds and individual stocks. I want to focus on a smaller set of stocks and have a bigger portion of my portfolio in index funds going forward...this way I am not spread too thin by investing in 50 or 100 different companies. Thats too many for me to keep track of and there is no way I can beat an index fund when I do that. For now, I am thinking that I want to invest in approx 20 companies and focus on them. Do you have your portfolio shared here on this forum? I will need to check it out to see what it looks like. I am trying to come up with a shortlist for companies to buy during the next cycle.

My dividend income has taken a hit but the "other" field keeps my overall passive income afloat Smile  Yes the move from DivHustler caught a lot by surprise. His portfolio was massive and he was bringing in some serious cash over the months. It was interesting that he was putting that money into Vancouver real estate -- which is apparently one of the most expensive real estate markets of the world...but I hope he knows what hes doing.
Sounds like a solid plan! That's what everyone needs, a plan that works for them and their family.

I'll post my dividend increases/decreases after the first quarter of 2017.
2016 Annual Update posted here

[Image: cDiAF8f.png]
Just curious, why did you sell AAPL?
A few different reasons. I wanted to simplify my portfolio overall and reduce the number of holdings. Apple made the cut -- nothing wrong with the company...still like the direction its heading towards. I will reconsider initiating in hte next cycle possibly. I have listed all the details of my sales in June in this post: http://roadmap2retire.com/2016/06/recent-sell-7/
Annual Review for 2017 

[Image: R2R-PortfolioCalendar-2017.png]
Nice progress! And while you didn't reach the 10k mark, you got damn close and I'm sure you'll get above 10k in 2018! As for the mortgage goal, that seems to be a conscious decision, so there must be a reason why you changed your mind during the course of the year. So I wouldn't exactly count that as a "failed goal", rather you just chose to do something else with the money.

I'm horrible at setting goals for myself but it sure is nice to read about other people's goals and if they achieved them! :p Looking forward to seeing which ones you set for 2018!
Here's my portfolio update from 2018. Some additions, some deletions - but overall a great year for my portfolio. Total return including dividends was +4.8%

Full blog post: Annual Review for 2018

[Image: PortfolioCalendar-2018-1024x618.png]