Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added LMT, TD, MO, PEP, and NOC this morning
Added FB, WFC, AMZN, bought back some PLTR puts. Rolled forward ENDP calls.
Initiated PSB, added to NHI and WPC.
Added to LMT.
Added to AMT in my growthy port. Getting behind in my monthly purchases. REITs and some UTEs looking fairly attractive too but I'll post my put sales in the option thread.
Bought more AMZN, FB, sold RTP.

Added a little to BTC on the dip yesterday.
(01-12-2021, 10:40 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Added to AMT in my growthy port.  Getting behind in my monthly purchases.  REITs and some UTEs looking fairly attractive too but I'll post my put sales in the option thread.

I like that name..

AEP, XEL, D, DUK, SO and all the utilities are getting hammered.

Rising US interest rates tend to weigh on income focused equities and pose the prospect of increased costs to borrow money in the future. But this is way overdone.

I have them all on my buy list but have not pulled the trigger yet. I'm hoping we have a few more down days, while they keep bidding up all those crap stocks that are being manipulated by the Robinhooders  Big Grin
(01-12-2021, 12:00 PM)kblake Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 10:40 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Added to AMT in my growthy port.  Getting behind in my monthly purchases.  REITs and some UTEs looking fairly attractive too but I'll post my put sales in the option thread.

I like that name..

AEP, XEL, D, DUK, SO and all the utilities are getting hammered.

Rising US interest rates tend to weigh on income focused equities and pose the prospect of increased costs to borrow money in the future. But this is way overdone.

I have them all on my buy list but have not pulled the trigger yet. I'm hoping we have a few more down days, while they keep bidding up all those crap stocks that are being manipulated by the Robinhooders  Big Grin
IMO you are smart to go slow, I am just nibbling.  I doubt we'e seen the bottom so selling puts so I have a little downside protection.  Fairly big nibbles for me soon, but I'm not going crazy yet.  As I get older it's interesting to watch the old scenarios and investor rules attempt to play out, but the macro is never actually the same.  It's always been completely normal for UTEs to pull back 10% or more when interest rates rise, but we aren't talking about the 10yr treasury rising from 3 to 5% and making UTE yields risk/reward less attractive.  It's not at all like that this time and income investors will be back to UTEs soon enough.
(01-08-2021, 10:21 AM)divmenow Wrote: Decided to buy UBER. Just because I wanted too lol

But its trading at 7.1 x sales and 70% discount to door dash. I think UBER could have a really strong 2021

Nice pick. I decided to buy today. New 52 weeks high

There like a tech stock themselves and uber eats and freight should do very well to add growth over the next few years. 

What other names do you like? I figure your a better picker then most analysts out there  Big Grin
(01-12-2021, 01:30 PM)kblake Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 10:21 AM)divmenow Wrote: Decided to buy UBER. Just because I wanted too lol

But its trading at 7.1 x sales and 70% discount to door dash. I think UBER could have a really strong 2021

Nice pick. I decided to buy today. New 52 weeks high

There like a tech stock themselves and uber eats and freight should do very well to add growth over the next few years. 

What other names do you like? I figure your a better picker then most analysts out there  Big Grin
He absolutely is better at predicting what might be up 30 days from now.  Your fault if you don't know when to jump off the train lol.
Took some money out of oil, sold RIG completely. CLB 75%. Market getting too hot. Lol
(01-12-2021, 01:46 PM)vbin Wrote: Took some money out of oil, sold RIG completely. CLB 75%. Market getting too hot. Lol
I sold out of RIG 25 years ago.  You've been snoozing.  Smile