Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(07-31-2020, 02:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:54 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:13 AM)kblake Wrote: Bought some AAPL in my daughters account. Only 10 shares, but that will be 40 once it splits. It will probably run to $500 by then lol

And once again Tech is up and everything else is down. All high dividend stocks no one wants a part of. You mine as well join the tech club LOL

StockGuru nice pick on PINS. It's up over $9 today. You have been on fire of late!

I agree. At least with AAPL you get a decent PE, growth and dividend. Your daughter will do very well in the stock. I added a few myself. With the split it will keep on running. 

Pins had a great report. Not many tech left that hasn’t run yet. Maybe SNAP is next lol
I sure wish they would publish a schedule of which tech company growing Revs and losing money is going to run higher next for no good reason.  Smile

It’s still not too late to get on the AAPL train lol. I’m up $16 on my purchase today. AAPLE is the #1 stock in America. Come on Fenders join the party. Sell T and buy AAPL. You will thank me later haha!!

I’m watching GOOG too. Hoping to get an opportunity under $1400.
Wow I'm feeling good on my AAPL purchase as well today. And more shares to come and more dividend $$ lol

Its still cheap with a forward PE of only 25. That's cheap for tech lol
(07-31-2020, 02:58 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:13 AM)kblake Wrote: Bought some AAPL in my daughters account. Only 10 shares, but that will be 40 once it splits. It will probably run to $500 by then lol

And once again Tech is up and everything else is down. All high dividend stocks no one wants a part of. You mine as well join the tech club LOL

StockGuru nice pick on PINS. It's up over $9 today. You have been on fire of late!

I agree. At least with AAPL you get a decent PE, growth and dividend. Your daughter will do very well in the stock. I added a few myself. With the split it will keep on running. 

Pins had a great report. Not many tech left that hasn’t run yet. Maybe SNAP is next lol
I sure wish they would publish a schedule of which tech company growing Revs and losing money is going to run higher next for no good reason.  Smile

It’s still not too late to get on the AAPL train lol. I’m up $16 on my purchase today. AAPLE is the #1 stock in America. Come on Fenders join the party. Sell T and buy AAPL. You will thank me later haha!!

$1400 GOOG would be the deal of a lifetime.  I should get a home equity loan so I can be a real playa LMAO.  I will pick up a little AAPL on the next mini-dip.  I'm not sure there is a stock I have screwed up trading as many times.  I remember being afraid to pay like $15 in the late 90's because MSFT was winning that year.  That was several splits ago. Return would have been astronomical. I purchased it at $100 before the 7-1 split and sold it after a decent run.  Bought it back in 2018 towards the bottom and got called out at maybe $200.  Not like I've ever lost money on AAPL but some BIG time lost opportunities. It's stupid because I've held lessor stocks for literal decades. 

Playing with QQQ puts is working well but nothing like a 100pt run in a year.  Smile
Bought 3 shares of GOOG @ $1459 today.... While I know its not much, but I'm excited to finally have a stake in Google :-)
Ofcourse if it goes below $1400 i would try and get 7 more shares !
(07-31-2020, 03:41 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

$1400 GOOG would be the deal of a lifetime.  I should get a home equity loan so I can be a real playa LMAO.  I will pick up a little AAPL on the next mini-dip.  I'm not sure there is a stock I have screwed up trading as many times.  I remember being afraid to pay like $15 in the late 90's because MSFT was winning that year.  That was several splits ago.  Return would have been astronomical.  I purchased it at $100 before the 7-1 split and sold it after a decent run.  Bought it back in 2018 towards the bottom and got called out at maybe $200.  Not like I've ever lost money on AAPL but some BIG time lost opportunities.  It's stupid because I've held lessor stocks for literal decades. 

Playing with QQQ puts is working well but nothing like a 100pt run in a year.  Smile

GENTLEMEN!!! Apple is a NEVER sell lol. I like buying it when it's yielding close to 2% it's been a while since I bought any shares--my one buddy has been trying to get me to sell it for 6 years.

I was just talking to another friend, I did the math, if I purchased Apple like a different buddy wanted us to (for some reason he would only buy Apple if I bought too) but I was busy looking for my first home. Well, if I bought Apple and just rented instead of purchasing my first home I'd have over 17 million dollars in Apple stock paying over 130k a year in dividends.

Selling good investments is bad, it's sooooo BAD it's worth holding onto your losers just in case they become good.
(08-01-2020, 08:23 AM)rayray Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:54 AM)divmenow Wrote: I agree. At least with AAPL you get a decent PE, growth and dividend. Your daughter will do very well in the stock. I added a few myself. With the split it will keep on running. 

$1400 GOOG would be the deal of a lifetime.  I should get a home equity loan so I can be a real playa LMAO.  I will pick up a little AAPL on the next mini-dip.  I'm not sure there is a stock I have screwed up trading as many times.  I remember being afraid to pay like $15 in the late 90's because MSFT was winning that year.  That was several splits ago.  Return would have been astronomical.  I purchased it at $100 before the 7-1 split and sold it after a decent run.  Bought it back in 2018 towards the bottom and got called out at maybe $200.  Not like I've ever lost money on AAPL but some BIG time lost opportunities.  It's stupid because I've held lessor stocks for literal decades. 

GENTLEMEN!!! Apple is a NEVER sell lol. I like buying it when it's yielding close to 2% it's been a while since I bought any shares--my one buddy has been trying to get me to sell it for 6 years.

I was just talking to another friend, I did the math, if I purchased Apple like a different buddy wanted us to (for some reason he would only buy Apple if I bought too) but I was busy looking for my first home. Well, if I bought Apple and just rented instead of purchasing my first home I'd have over 17 million dollars in Apple stock paying over 130k a year in dividends.

Selling good investments is bad, it's sooooo BAD it's worth holding onto your losers just in case they become good.
It would take me 100 hrs to do the math and figure out if I could have just left everything alone 20+ years and been better off.  I'm not that curious.   Lost out on most of AAPLs run.  Held stocks like INTC and CSCO for decades and not even close to recovering 20 years later. Sold stocks that actually went BK in the end and bought XEL and JNJ with the cash which were 5-10 baggers.  The day will come when the FED and politicians run us off the financial cliff and anyone holding pricey stocks is down for MANY years.  Depends on your age whether that matters.  It's been fun.  Right or wrong, I will just keep believing valuation matters eventually.
(08-01-2020, 12:34 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 08:23 AM)rayray Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 02:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I sure wish they would publish a schedule of which tech company growing Revs and losing money is going to run higher next for no good reason.  Smile

It would take me 100 hrs to do the math and figure out if I could have just left everything alone 20+ years and been better off.  I'm not that curious.   Lost out on most of AAPLs run.  Held stocks like INTC and CSCO for decades and not even close to recovering 20 years later. Sold stocks that actually went BK in the end and bought XEL and JNJ with the cash which were 5-10 baggers.  The day will come when the FED and politicians run us off the financial cliff and anyone holding pricey stocks is down for MANY years.  Depends on your age whether that matters.  It's been fun.  Right or wrong, I will just keep believing valuation matters eventually.

Valuation does matter, and I try to do my best when buying. I just don't sell, I've made horrible mistakes doing so.
IMO selling decisions are much more difficult than buys. That particularly applies to growth stocks. You will likely be too early or late at the very least, and sometimes you should have never sold at all. Averaging in on the buy makes it far easier to recover on the buy side. The market hasn't been overly concerned with PEs for a very long time.
Look like treasuries getting ready to offer new bonds. How would that impact the stock market? Anyone here understand s the dynamics it might play?
You get your AAPL shares yet Fenders? It’s up another $17. Look at MSFT go go go. At least T is up a dime this morning. That’s a big move for them haha!! Wink
(08-03-2020, 08:51 AM)divmenow Wrote: You get your AAPL shares yet Fenders? It’s up another $17. Look at MSFT go go go. At least T is up a dime this morning. That’s a big move for them haha!! Wink

Unbelievable runs. When your right, your right  Big Grin The street likes the news on TikTok

Ever since you said buy CHWY its gone up $10 to a new high. 

What else you got lol

And T is down now... What a POS. I mine as well sell it and buy 10 shares of AAPL lol
(08-03-2020, 08:51 AM)divmenow Wrote: You get your AAPL shares yet Fenders? It’s up another $17. Look at MSFT go go go. At least T is up a dime this morning. That’s a big move for them haha!! Wink

No I overslept today.  But AAPL goes up everyday until forever so it's never too late.  Smile   Guess I better go check my port now lol.  Some of my options expired Friday so I have money to spend this week if possible.