Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Sold out of my ULTA and bought OLLI as a replacement in my trading portfolio.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(07-30-2020, 02:08 PM)EricL Wrote: Sold out of my ULTA and bought OLLI as a replacement in my trading portfolio.
Can't buy them all but I regretted not pulling the trigger on Ultra several times.  How did you do?
(07-30-2020, 02:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 02:08 PM)EricL Wrote: Sold out of my ULTA and bought OLLI as a replacement in my trading portfolio.
Can't buy them all but I regretted not pulling the trigger on Ultra several times.  How did you do?

Up and then down. Lost about 5%.

With work from home and no social gatherings, I'm not expecting a quick recovery for ULTA anymore.

OLLI is a discount store that has been expanding rapidly and looks to have a decent balance sheet. I think it could be a good long-term hold.

I've done well in the past with ROST and DG, and see what BURL and FIVE have done. I think OLLI could be a similar story.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(07-30-2020, 02:27 PM)EricL Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 02:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Up and then down. Lost about 5%.

With work from home and no social gatherings, I'm not expecting a quick recovery for ULTA anymore.

OLLI is a discount store that has been expanding rapidly and looks to have a decent balance sheet. I think it could be a good long-term hold.

I've done well in the past with ROST and DG, and see what BURL and FIVE have done. I think OLLI could be a similar story.
Probably time to walk away.  That should be more about what's likely to happen in the next six months.  ULTA is a good company I'd own on a really hard dip, but their mall presence is going to wreck 2020 Christmas season. 2021 Christmas is too far away. Better opportunities in a trading port.
(07-30-2020, 02:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote: And this is what happens when fenders get bored.  Just sold a ROKU put.  (what do they sell by the way?)  Kidding Smile

AUG 7th expiration-137 Strike-$455 premium.    

Think I'll go buy 10 shares of MO with the premium now so I'll have something to show for it lol.  My QQQ puts expire tomorrow so I needed something exciting for next week.  Smile

Very nice move with both QQQ and ROKU!
(07-30-2020, 02:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote: And this is what happens when fenders get bored.  Just sold a ROKU put.  (what do they sell by the way?)  Kidding Smile

Think I'll go buy 10 shares of MO with the premium now so I'll have something to show for it lol.  My QQQ puts expire tomorrow so I needed something exciting for next week.  Smile

You're holding through earnings?
(07-30-2020, 05:32 PM)MikeWa Wrote:

Very nice move with both QQQ and ROKU!

Little early to celebrate the ROKU trade lol.  QQQ is getting predictable though.  I'll mostly stay with conservative put trades as its my reliable comfort zone.
Added to ABBV and took a new position in CAT. Cat was pretty good considering and they see things picking up. I only went in small for now.
Added to AVGO.
Bought some AAPL in my daughters account. Only 10 shares, but that will be 40 once it splits. It will probably run to $500 by then lol

And once again Tech is up and everything else is down. All high dividend stocks no one wants a part of. You mine as well join the tech club LOL

StockGuru nice pick on PINS. It's up over $9 today. You have been on fire of late!
(07-31-2020, 10:13 AM)kblake Wrote: Bought some AAPL in my daughters account. Only 10 shares, but that will be 40 once it splits. It will probably run to $500 by then lol

And once again Tech is up and everything else is down. All high dividend stocks no one wants a part of. You mine as well join the tech club LOL

StockGuru nice pick on PINS. It's up over $9 today. You have been on fire of late!

I agree. At least with AAPL you get a decent PE, growth and dividend. Your daughter will do very well in the stock. I added a few myself. With the split it will keep on running. 

Pins had a great report. Not many tech left that hasn’t run yet. Maybe SNAP is next lol
(07-31-2020, 10:54 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:13 AM)kblake Wrote: Bought some AAPL in my daughters account. Only 10 shares, but that will be 40 once it splits. It will probably run to $500 by then lol

I agree. At least with AAPL you get a decent PE, growth and dividend. Your daughter will do very well in the stock. I added a few myself. With the split it will keep on running. 

Pins had a great report. Not many tech left that hasn’t run yet. Maybe SNAP is next lol
I sure wish they would publish a schedule of which tech company growing Revs and losing money is going to run higher next for no good reason.  Smile