Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-08-2019, 02:47 PM)divmenow Wrote: Question: I don't remember who it was on here but I remember them buying THO back when it was $90 or so. Do you still own the name? I see its almost at a 3% yield now. Have you added since and what are you thoughts on this stock? A few years back this was a darling on wall street but has since plummeted.
I  don't own it.  Seems like the wrong end of the cycle to be buying it.  The boomers are still hitting retirement age and THO is probably going to be interesting if you buy it cheap enough during a recession.  .
(08-08-2019, 02:47 PM)divmenow Wrote: Question: I don't remember who it was on here but I remember them buying THO back when it was $90 or so. Do you still own the name? I see its almost at a 3% yield now. Have you added since and what are you thoughts on this stock? A few years back this was a darling on wall street but has since plummeted.

I've owned Thor since 2013. I haven't added to it since, but continue to follow it. The whole RV sector has taken a big hit the last few years, between tariffs and overcapacity. However, I continue to think THO is a well run company, and it has made a couple acquisitions in recent years that should eventually pay off.

It operates in a highly cyclical industry, and EPS had dropped 36%. If this is the earnings bottom it could be a great time to buy. However, if we do enter a recession, EPS will drop much further, and there could be more downside ahead. In the last recession, THO saw negative EPS growth for three years in a row so its hard to say where we are in the cycle.

I certainly wouldn't put a large bet on the stock, but its worth a nibble if you don't mind volatility. I wouldn't be surprised with either 50% downside or 100% upside over the next 12 months, it's a roller-coaster stock.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Anyone own EPM (Evolution Petroleum)? Looks like they've increased their dividend every year for ~5 years but they aren't (yet) on the CCC list.
Added 50 more shares of PCI last week.  Giving me 200 shares and $34.xx in dividends/income each month.  I'm done with this CEF/Stock for now.

Looking at adding more BMY or HQH in my mid-month purchase.

Thank you,
Paul
Added a decent amount of XOM yesterday.
Of course they could go lower if oil craters, but the majors are starting to look attractive. I'm not sure there is a safer place to get a high yield given current valuations of most Utes and consumer staples.
Agreed oil as well as banks are attractive because of yields. But you need a lot of patience to hold those sectors lol
(08-13-2019, 07:57 AM)stockguru Wrote: Agreed oil as well as banks are attractive because of yields. But you need a lot of patience to hold those sectors lol

Yup, and you gotta be willing to sell some of your oil when you get that chance every few years.  Riding it all the way back down isn't that enjoyable.  Bet I don't buy anything but big, (make that huge),  oil stocks this time.  I'm still bleeding from last time.  Smile
Bought CMI today
Bought some PRU this morning.
Also, for anyone out there holding BT ADRs:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3491658-bt...dr-program
Also added to BNS