Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Took a small position in STZ at $151.60 before the open. I have always wanted to own this name. Now that the PE and yield is at 3% figure now was a good time to buy.
(01-09-2019, 08:48 AM)divmenow Wrote: Took a small position in STZ at $151.60 before the open. I have always wanted to own this name. Now that the PE and yield is at 3% figure now was a good time to buy.

That's an interesting name. Just did some research on STZ. I think I'm going to buy this morning as well. People will always drink in hard times lol

Took a new position in BMY and BEN yesterday.
(01-09-2019, 09:01 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 08:48 AM)divmenow Wrote: Took a small position in STZ at $151.60 before the open. I have always wanted to own this name. Now that the PE and yield is at 3% figure now was a good time to buy.

That's an interesting name. Just did some research on STZ. I think I'm going to buy this morning as well. People will always drink in hard times lol

Took a new position in BMY and BEN yesterday.

Bought some STZ and a new position in ORI
Added some BIP this afternoon.
Added to my EV this morning. Seemed like as good a place as any to direct recent dividend payments from MO and PM.
looking into adding some D's today
I don't own it but M is getting interesting at these levels. Over a 5% yield now.
Added to AAPL this morning.
(01-15-2019, 09:58 AM)Otter Wrote: Added to AAPL this morning.

I think that is a great move in the end.  I sold a call on my AAPL position today because I think it is very range bound for awhile.  I am in a little deep on the long side and just trying to make some income while I wait for a bounce I don't think is coming for at least a few months.

I want to start a MMM position as I believe in them long-term, but being very patient as I am very cautious on any industrial right now.  I see JPM downgraded them hard today.  Maybe I'll get my entry soon?  I think MMM it may be an accidental high yielder before long. I want to enter when things look bad. That almost always works out for boring stocks.
(01-15-2019, 11:38 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 09:58 AM)Otter Wrote: Added to AAPL this morning.

I think that is a great move in the end.  I sold a call on my AAPL position today because I think it is very range bound for awhile.  I am in a little deep on the long side and just trying to make some income while I wait for a bounce I don't think is coming for at least a few months.

I want to start a MMM position as I believe in them long-term, but being very patient as I am very cautious on any industrial right now.  I see JPM downgraded them hard today.  Maybe I'll get my entry soon?  I think MMM it may be an accidental high yielder before long.  I want to enter when things look bad.  That almost always works out for boring stocks.

I'm ok if stocks that are in my buy zone stay range-bound for a while. Gives me more time to accumulate at a fair price.

Added some QCOM this morning, as well.
Added more MO and CVS today. Mo at a 6.55% yield. Its now my 4th largest holding and CVS goes to #6.
(01-16-2019, 03:10 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added more MO and CVS today. Mo at a 6.55% yield. Its now my 4th largest holding and CVS goes to #6.

Nice choices. I hold both. With CVS, I think they indicated that post-Aetna acquisition, they would not raise the dividend payment until Debt/EBITDA ratio gets back under 3.5. Suspect that won't occur until at least 4Q 2020. Regardless, with >3% yield, and almost 45% cheaper than its 2015 highs, it's a nicely priced, profitable healthcare company that I wouldn't mind accumulating more of. 

Some of my best dividend growers over time aren't aristocrats that make a show of growing their dividend by some token amount annually. I much prefer Boeing as a company and investment to Emerson Electric (hold both). Boeing freezes its dividend from time to time. Over long time-spans, Boeing pays out a helluva lot more than Emerson, which has a 62 year history of annual raises.