Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
AAPL near the end of the day

and I guess if everything goes through my CELG will be turned into BMY and cash--so--I guess my wish about CELG providing a dividend will happen sooner then later but not the way I thought...I wanted to keep accumulating this one oh well....
Bought some GSK, smaller position.
(01-03-2019, 06:21 PM)rayray Wrote: AAPL near the end of the day

and I guess if everything goes through my CELG will be turned into BMY and cash--so--I guess my wish about CELG providing a dividend will happen sooner then later but not the way I thought...I wanted to keep accumulating this one oh well....

We're even because I never planned on owning any CELG but I guess I will soon.  Smile  I think BMY-CELG will be a powerhouse.  But I hate mega mergers as the buyer always overpays and the market punishes.  This one may take time to yield fruit but the new drugs will come.   I have been accumulating BMY for months and I got in a a bit too early, just like always.  Smile

Trying to get some KO via a put sale.  The gotta own stock I never owned.  I'm good with the current dividend yield.  Need some more consumer staple % anyway.
(01-04-2019, 01:58 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

We're even because I never planned on owning any CELG but I guess I will soon.  Smile  I think BMY-CELG will be a powerhouse.  But I hate mega mergers as the buyer always overpays and the market punishes.  This one may take time to yield fruit but the new drugs will come.   I have been accumulating BMY for months and I got in a a bit too early, just like always.  Smile

Trying to get some KO via a put sale.  The gotta own stock I never owned.  I'm good with the current dividend yield.  Need some more consumer staple % anyway.

I'd love to own KO. Will start buying if it drops under $42.
(01-04-2019, 02:07 PM)Otter Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 01:58 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I'd love to own KO. Will start buying if it drops under $42.
KO is a a nibbler stock for me.  I'll make a $100 a month on puts until I am forced into a hundred shares eventually .  Dividend finally grew up and actually a better dividend than some of my utilities.  My port needs some more boring stocks that act like a bond.  If I wait for an extremely good price on KO then something is wrong and I still won't own it.  PEP is just as good, probably better, if you need more consumer non-durables.  I am light on them until recently.
Bought 42 shares of T a few days ago for $28.60. Couldn't resist the 7%+ dividend yield. Guess my timing was okay... at least for now.
Bought some BMY today!
Took a new position in SJM today as well. I like it as a bounce back now.
I was watching the hourly chart and saw you run the BMY price up this morning lol. Welcome the the BMY brotherhood. I'll PM the secret BMY handshake to you and Ray-Ray soon. Smile

Perhaps second guessing myself too much but re-evaluated my KO put sale. Spent a few hours researching trying to convince myself KO is a better idea then PEP right now. The answer is, it is not. I made that correction this morning. Made $9 on my KO put sale and threw down for a starter position in PEP today.

Sold a put in WEC and VTR today. The WEC is in the money so I should own it next Friday for real, unless it really runs. I'll rinse and repeat if it does.

Trying to nibble some RFI. Found it on SA. Looks like it's very stable a small cap. That dividend is awesome. (It's a REIT). I consider it speculative just because it is small.
(01-07-2019, 12:29 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Perhaps second guessing myself too much be re-evaluated my KO put sale.  Spent a few hours researching trying to convince myself KO is a better idea then PEP right now.  The answer is it is not.  I made that correction this morning.  Made $9 on my KO put sale and threw down for a starter position in PEP today.

I too prefer PEP. I only have a very small position though as I feel it's too damn expensive. It didn't even go to a proper sale during the recent correction!
A bit of TROW on Monday, a bit of TXN on Tuesday
(01-08-2019, 10:12 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 12:29 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Perhaps second guessing myself too much be re-evaluated my KO put sale.  Spent a few hours researching trying to convince myself KO is a better idea then PEP right now.  The answer is it is not.  I made that correction this morning.  Made $9 on my KO put sale and threw down for a starter position in PEP today.

I too prefer PEP. I only have a very small position though as I feel it's too damn expensive. It didn't even go to a proper sale during the recent correction!
PEP surely isn't cheap, but they are solid.  Worth owning for the long-term.  I was in an investment club 25 years ago.  I think we bought PEP for about  $30, then a year later got some free YUM shares when they spun the restaurants off.  If memory serves YUM shares were sub $20 and we dumped them immediately.  We dissolved the club 20 years ago.  I refuse to calculate the value of that port now.  I bet my $3K would easily be $25K now.  Not to mention we all paid taxes on the $3K sale back then.  It was just a bunch of boring old stocks, now most are aristocrats, plus MSFT, INTC etc.  Ah hindsight lol but it is relevant to the DGI strategy discussion.  We didn't know the term DGI then Smile  RPM was probably our only long-term busted play.