Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
AGU 4% dividend hike is dissapointing

Agrium Inc. (NYSE:AGU) declares $0.78/share quarterly dividend, 4.0% increase from prior dividend of $0.75.
Forward yield 3.23%
Payable Jan 21; for shareholders of record Dec. 31; ex-div Dec. 29.
(11-03-2014, 05:17 PM)Lewys120 Wrote: Probably my most hated stock.

Why?? I only hate it because I didn't buy waaaay back when I considered it.
Emerson Electric (EMR) increases quarterly dividend 9.3% to $0.47 from $0.43/share
(11-03-2014, 06:47 PM)rapidacid Wrote: AGU 4% dividend hike is dissapointing

Agrium Inc. (NYSE:AGU) declares $0.78/share quarterly dividend, 4.0% increase from prior dividend of $0.75.
Forward yield 3.23%
Payable Jan 21; for shareholders of record Dec. 31; ex-div Dec. 29.

Last few years, their dividend growth has been spectacular and of course, they cant really keep that up. But still 4% seems really low. I initiated a position this summer and was hoping to something better than 4%. But I'll take it Smile
Should have them all updated. Eventually I would like to get a tab made for every company so I can show the annual increases for each one on its own tab, but I suppose it isn't too important until we get a year or two down the road.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO) announced a 14% increase in its dividend today.

http://www.interpipeline.com/news/news-r...easeId=196

Woohoo! This dividend raise was long overdue (I was expecting an announcement in September). Better late than never Smile
(11-06-2014, 10:14 AM)EricL Wrote: Should have them all updated. Eventually I would like to get a tab made for every company so I can show the annual increases for each one on its own tab, but I suppose it isn't too important until we get a year or two down the road.

Thanks for your work on this Eric ... I keep the spreadsheet bookmarked
(11-06-2014, 01:32 PM)rapidacid Wrote: Thanks for your work on this Eric ... I keep the spreadsheet bookmarked

I second that -- thanks Eric!
No problem, happy to do it if people are finding it useful. Now that I have everything set up, it doesn't take much to copy/paste the information in.
Whole Foods Market announced an increase with their recent earnings report from $0.12 to $0.13 per quarter.
From the Telus (TU) investor relations web site:

Quote:In November 2014, the TELUS Board of Directors declared a quarterly dividend of 40 cents ($0.40) Canadian per share on the issued and outstanding Common Shares of the Company payable on January 2, 2015 to holders of record at the close of business on December 11, 2014. This fourth quarter dividend represents a four cent or 11.1% increase from the $0.36 quarterly dividend paid on January 2, 2014.

Second $0.02 of the year. Of course, the currency exhange dampens that but we're still looking at close to 4% yield in USD.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

The Dow Chemical Company (DOW) announced today that its Board of Directors has declared a 14 percent increase in the Company’s dividend, from $0.37 per share to $0.42 per share in the fourth quarter. This brings the Company’s annualized dividend to $1.68 per share. The Company also announced a new $5 billion tranche to its share repurchase program, bringing the total program to $9.5 billion.