Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
Shell Midstream Partners (NYSE: SHLX) declares $0.382/share quarterly dividend, 4.7% increase from prior dividend of $0.365.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3401015-sh...2-dividend
A nice dividend increase from AEP.

Oct. 23, 2018 1:44 PM ET|About: American Electric Power C... (AEP)|By: Jignesh Mehta, SA News Editor
American Electric Power (NYSE:AEP) declares $0.67/share quarterly dividend, 8.1% increase from prior dividend of $0.62.

Forward yield 3.66%

Payable Dec. 10; for shareholders of record Nov. 9; ex-div Nov. 8.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Not a raise, but General Electric (GE) will cut their dividend to $0.01 starting in 2019.
(10-30-2018, 08:26 AM)ChadR Wrote: Not a raise, but General Electric (GE) will cut their dividend to $0.01 starting in 2019.

GE is a VERY sad story for thousands of retirees.  Largest cap ticker on the market when I first started investing.  This is exactly why you don't put your job, your future pension and 401K all in the same company.  Everybody here knows that of course.
(10-30-2018, 11:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 08:26 AM)ChadR Wrote: Not a raise, but General Electric (GE) will cut their dividend to $0.01 starting in 2019.

GE is a VERY sad story for thousands of retirees.  Largest cap ticker on the market when I first started investing.  This is exactly why you don't put your job, your future pension and 401K all in the same company.  Everybody here knows that of course.

I heard on CNBC this morning that this is the 8th largest dividend cut in market history. GE now has 3 of the top 10 biggest cuts all-time!

Not sure exactly how the ranking is figured, but I suppose it's the cut in the total dollar amount of dividends paid.

What a $hit$how, Immelt destroyed this company with the Alstom and Baker Hughes acquisitions at market tops and the billions and billions spent on buybacks while the balance sheet suffered.
GE down below $10 today. At what point would you buy?
I don't know if I would ever buy GE again. I've been burned once by them and it doesn't look like they will be turning the company around anytime soon.
(10-30-2018, 01:24 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: GE down below $10 today.  At what point would you buy?

Whenever you have some money you don't want anymore.  Smile

I learned the hard way to run fast when a company cuts the Div.  Your patience will not be rewarded in a reasonable amount of time.  They are either headed for bankruptcy or they drop 50% and lie there for years getting their act together while you wait to break even some decade.  You won't wake up tomorrow and missed a big run.  Thousands of trapped investors waiting for their chance to jump ship on a dead cat bounce.  I am waiting for my dead cat bounce in KMI now.  CEO spewed rubbish on the bright future then the Div is cut in half soon after.  I won't hang around for the recovery anymore. You only get one chance to lie to me.

That said you could make some money trading GE, but it's pretty easy to find a much better stock idea right now with a small fraction of the risk.
(10-30-2018, 01:24 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: GE down below $10 today. At what point would you buy?

There are still plenty of skeletons in GE's closet, there is no price at which I'd buy.

Wouldn't be surprised if GE goes bankrupt before it's all said and done. Pension costs, insurance liabilities, debt obligations, money-losing power and oil & gas businesses...
AbbVie (ABBV) is announcing today that its board of directors declared an increase in the company's quarterly cash dividend from $0.96 per share to $1.07 per share beginning with the dividend payable on February 15, 2019 to shareholders of record as of January 15, 2019. This reflects an increase of approximately 11.5 percent, continuing AbbVie's strong commitment to returning cash to shareholders through a growing dividend. Since the company's inception in 2013, AbbVie has increased its quarterly dividend by 168 percent.

-----------

This double-digit increase brings the yield over 5%. Interesting stock for sure, I don't plan to add more capital, but will enjoy reinvesting dividends at a 5% rate!
Automatic Data Processing (NASDAQ:ADP) declares $0.79/share quarterly dividend, 14.5% increase from prior dividend of $0.69.
Energizer Holdings (NYSE: ENR) declares $0.30/share quarterly dividend, 3.4% increase from prior dividend of $0.29.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3408639-en...0-dividend