Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI For The DIY
Eric,

Own both, but not selling either at this point. Neither has cut their dividend or has a change to the company that effects its business materially. Nearly all companies have periods that their earnings slow down or stagnate. Still reinvesting dividends into both. CLX isn't too overvalued in my opinion to turn off the reinvestment.

Now TUP is very high on my watch list. Hopefully it won't shoot up in price until I have enough capital to make a purchase.
I forgot to mention the other day that I doubled down on my position in Realty Income (O) at $40.90.

With the stock down about 10% from the 52-week high and yielding 5.3% I thought it was a nice place to add.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
The latest update has been posted on Seeking Alpha:

2014 Q3 Review
My end of year update was posted this morning on Seeking Alpha.

Everything is progressing as I'd hoped, with dividend income up nearly 53% year over year.
Forgot to post this earlier; my Q1 update was published on Seeking Alpha this weekend.

401(K) Reconstructed: Q1 2015 Review

In short, quarterly dividend income was up nearly 19% year over year.

I sold MAT, COH and WMT in the first quarter and bought V, GILD and ABBV.

Debating on my position in Baxter (BAX).
Quarterly update posted.

Overall portfolio was flat quarter over quarter, but dividend income increased and with newly announced dividend boosts, income is set to increase even more in the second half of the year.
I wrote an article covering diversification of holdings in the portfolio. I was surprised to see how much of my dividend income is being produced by REIT's and utilities.

"Dividend Growth Diversification: A Deeper Look At MY DGI Portfolio"
(09-18-2015, 10:59 AM)EricL Wrote: I wrote an article covering diversification of holdings in the portfolio. I was surprised to see how much of my dividend income is being produced by REIT's and utilities.

Nice. I have the same experience -- those high-yielders really carry a lot of water. Even though I understand the arguments for low-yield, high dividend growth stocks, I am often very swayed by the higher starting yields. It is really hard to predict the future, and the crossover point for the low-yielders is sometimes far out enough that it feels pretty darned speculative to me.
(09-19-2015, 01:18 PM)Kerim Wrote:
(09-18-2015, 10:59 AM)EricL Wrote: I wrote an article covering diversification of holdings in the portfolio. I was surprised to see how much of my dividend income is being produced by REIT's and utilities.

Nice. I have the same experience -- those high-yielders really carry a lot of water. Even though I understand the arguments for low-yield, high dividend growth stocks, I am often very swayed by the higher starting yields. It is really hard to predict the future, and the crossover point for the low-yielders is sometimes far out enough that it feels pretty darned speculative to me.

I do like to have some high growth companies in the portfolio, but I've found myself gravitating to the higher yielding companies. Investments that pay a safe 5%+ yield just gives so much margin for error in the long run. Compounding at that level, especially when you can find those ones that annually raise the dividend on top of it, really adds up quickly.
Forgot to post this last week, here is my latest quarterly update. Another quarter, another income record! Buys this quarter were Cummins (CMI) and Amgen (AMGN). The only sale was Meredith Corp. (MDP).

401(k) Reconstructed: 2015 Q3 Review
Here is my quarterly update for the portfolio.

DGI For The DYI: 2015 Recap
Here is my latest portfolio update.

DGI For The DYI: Q1 2016 Recap

Another new record high for valuation and dividend income!