Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(12-09-2021, 05:30 PM)Dario33 Wrote: any AVGO buyers before the bell? Smile  pretty good post-market earnings call.
Bought my first shares of AVGO in October, should have bought more then.

Today's buys, added to CMCSA, TU, and SCHD.
(12-09-2021, 05:30 PM)Dario33 Wrote: any AVGO buyers before the bell? Smile  pretty good post-market earnings call.

AVGO is a keeper.  I traded it and missed some of this ride.  A big tech stock with something better than a token dividend is hard to find.  Most of the rest have mediocre growth prospects.
Added DKS, BBY, EOG, and TROW

Cashed out of my puts on FUBO, ATVI and BGFV

Sold out of BEN and BAC

More traded to come in TECH

ABBV new 52 week high.. Yeah lol
Sold MDU, replaced with EOG
Sold all QYLD
Added to: MS, AMGN, GD
Bought LUV. Probably headed lower but figured at this levels as a 5-10 year hold not a bad buy.
Started EOG. Added to LHX, BNS.
(12-09-2021, 04:38 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 01:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote: HRL is my top performing stock today.  Has hell frozen over?  Smile

Sold an ENPH put strike 210 because I am brave like that lol.  Over $550 income for two weeks work.  What could possibly go wrong?  Smile

It seems high PE and small caps have resumed the regularly scheduled beatings.

My top was CVS, though I only have 2 shares Smile

Huge swings lately.  I need to go back to my plan of not looking until Dec 31st, but I want to see AVGO's dividend increase effect on my Estimated Annual Income.  Will probably take a few days.  At $7230 now (~$600/month); the plan is between more funds pouring in from company stock to dividend raises that I reach $10,800 next year ($900/month), then $14,400 the year after that ($1200/month).

The Estimated Income tab is a thing of mystery.  Now it says $7557 but still has AVGO at 3.60/share.  Must be reflecting other dividend increases, where the old December number just got replaced.  Heh, I don't mind going up $300 in dividends every few days without acquisitions.

In other news, I just realized I can sell $35k of company stock without tax consequences right now, because the purchases were made at a higher price than it is currently.
(12-10-2021, 04:05 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 01:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote: HRL is my top performing stock today.  Has hell frozen over?  Smile

Sold an ENPH put strike 210 because I am brave like that lol.  Over $550 income for two weeks work.  What could possibly go wrong?  Smile

Huge swings lately.  I need to go back to my plan of not looking until Dec 31st, but I want to see AVGO's dividend increase effect on my Estimated Annual Income.  Will probably take a few days.  At $7230 now (~$600/month); the plan is between more funds pouring in from company stock to dividend raises that I reach $10,800 next year ($900/month), then $14,400 the year after that ($1200/month).

The Estimated Income tab is a thing of mystery.  Now it says $7557 but still has AVGO at 3.60/share.  Must be reflecting other dividend increases, where the old December number just got replaced.  Heh, I don't mind going up $300 in dividends every few days without acquisitions.

In other news, I just realized I can sell $35k of company stock without tax consequences right now, because the purchases were made at a higher price than it is currently.

Buy high and sell low is the secret to investing success.  You know I am kidding.  You are overweight your company stock and you don't work for MSFT.   Big Grin  You could diversify right into another software company if you decided to, or not.  
(12-10-2021, 04:22 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 04:05 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

Buy high and sell low is the secret to investing success.  You know I am kidding.  You are overweight your company stock and you don't work for MSFT.   Big Grin  You could diversify right into another software company if you decided to, or not.  

Yeah, I may wait for February to see if the Q4 results give us a jolt; often when Q3 is lower it is because deals either closed early in Q2 or late in Q4.  I have no insider info.  Or I may just move the money this week Smile

I solved my E*Trade mystery.  Every now and then, TECL gives out a fairly large dividend, but it is usually once a year.  E*Trade just assumed on the Estimated Income tab that it became quarterly, which it won't.  However, since E*Trade also doesn't add in the bonus dividend that HTGC has been giving, it's probably at a more correct figure now anyway.  AVGO just kicked in, putting me up over $7600 Smile
(12-11-2021, 08:04 AM)The Estimated Income tab is a thing of mystery.  Now it says $7557 but still has AVGO at 3.60/share.  Must be reflecting other dividend increases, where the old December number just got replaced.  Heh, I don\t mind going up $300 in dividends every few days without acquisitions. Wrote: [quote pid='30419' dateline='1639171322']
[quote pid='30417' dateline='1639170349']

[/quote]

Yeah, I may wait for February to see if the Q4 results give us a jolt; often when Q3 is lower it is because deals either closed early in Q2 or late in Q4.  I have no insider info.  Or I may just move the money this week Smile

I solved my E*Trade mystery.  Every now and then, TECL gives out a fairly large dividend, but it is usually once a year.  E*Trade just assumed on the Estimated Income tab that it became quarterly, which it won't.  However, since E*Trade also doesn't add in the bonus dividend that HTGC has been giving, it's probably at a more correct figure now anyway.  AVGO just kicked in, putting me up over $7600 Smile
[/quote]
Probably should have chatted about this on your personal threads but we are here now.  My advice will remain consistent on your company stock.  I assume you get stock option awards going forward.  You know you'll get the timing wrong half the time so just average out monthly or quarterly as rules and taxes allow.  If it runs or dips 25% tweak the withdrawal amount.  No need to overthink it.  Throw some of it in your dividend ETF for now.  It contains some value stocks.  You are leveraged enough to tech.  That's brilliant until it isn't.  BTW CFRA has a buy rating on your company and they are fairly conservative.  I would never tell you to abandon your position but being overweight in your employer is inherently risky.
Always good advice.

Heh, it's like physically hard for me to make purchases outside of tech, even though HD and SHW have done extremely well. I think once the tech core is complete, I'll branch out. For instance, right now my priority is building HPQ up. P/E of 6.83!!!