Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
My crystal ball says you have some time. About the only thing you are missing is the chance to swing trade. Traders are going to be busy.

Almost every time I sell an option the market swings and I can buy some of them back dirt cheap in a day or two. That's my only good news. I definitely gave some back today. FB is under 2% of my port and 30%ish of my loss today. Now that's a dip. See I told you tech is bad lol
(02-03-2022, 04:18 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: ... and just like that my gains of the last two days were wiped out.  In a way, it is somewhat calming because I was getting nervous that I'd missed buying at the bottom, and now it seems the market is happy to wait for me to acquire funds before it starts a serious recovery.

Not so fast. Tomorrow everything recovers thanks to AMZN  Big Grin

And you don't need to go into hiding because you had a bad month in the market. Were all friends here and share the same fate  Big Grin

Don't leave us again haha
That is an odd earnings report from AMZN. I own it but I suspect we are giving a lot of that back in the morning. Hope not but they missed a lot of metrics.
You left out SNAP and PINS which are up huge after hours

FB back to $250 tomorrow

Wall St suckered all those sellers and now its blast off. I feel bas for all those who were all stopped out and on margin

Sorry Fenders but you should have spent some cash Wink

ken-do-nim your going to be too late. Got to buy some now.. The rally starts. You sell SOXL yet Wink
Divmenow,

I am going to guess I own a lot more tech than you right now. I did some power shopping in mid January. My next purchases need to be DGI. I will need a better dip for that.
(02-03-2022, 05:04 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Divmenow,

I am going to guess I own a lot more tech than you right now.  I did some power shopping in mid January.  My next purchases need to be DGI.  I will need a better dip for that.

I bet you do. I already toss and turn at night with about 3 hrs each night. And that's only with a few tech names. I don't need the added stress  Big Grin 

GOOG, TXN, MSFT, AVGO, NVDA, and APPL and FB (just bought it)

I don't own QQQ or those other ETf's like you. Not a fan. I try and stay away from all that volatility. The only reason I still own NVDA and AVGO is because I own them 200 points lower lol 

7-8 names is all I want to own because I don't believe in most companies out there. I stick with what I know. All those meta names ect they can have.

Give me the DGI names anyway of the week. In the end they hold up the best.. And I still see a lot of good buys in this space
(02-03-2022, 05:42 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 05:04 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Divmenow,

I am going to guess I own a lot more tech than you right now.  I did some power shopping in mid January.  My next purchases need to be DGI.  I will need a better dip for that.

I bet you do. I already toss and turn at night with about 3 hrs each night. And that's only with a few tech names. I don't need the added stress  Big Grin 

GOOG, TXN, MSFT, AVGO, NVDA, and APPL and FB (just bought it)

I don't own QQQ or those other ETf's like you. Not a fan. I try and stay away from all that volatility. The only reason I still own NVDA and AVGO is because I own them 200 points lower lol 

7-8 names is all I want to own because I don't believe in most companies out there. I stick with what I know. All those meta names ect they can have.

Give me the DGI names anyway of the week. In the end they hold up the best.. And I still see a lot of good buys in this space
I've owned two of these ETFs for 25years.  Not QQQ in this quantity though.  You own more tech tickers than I do.  I just have some fairly large holdings when you include multiple round lots of the ETFS.  Sometime soon I'll calculate my tech allocation.  I'm sure it's a little too much but I can sit on them for a year if I need to.  They are solid like the ones you own.
(02-03-2022, 04:51 PM)divmenow Wrote: You left out SNAP and PINS which are up huge after hours

FB back to $250 tomorrow

Wall St suckered all those sellers and now its blast off. I feel bas for all those who were all stopped out and on margin

Sorry Fenders but you should have spent some cash Wink

ken-do-nim your going to be too late. Got to buy some now.. The rally starts. You sell SOXL yet Wink

He better not have at this point.  When you get back in the game Ken put some trading shares of your wild man ETFs in your IRA so there are no tax consequences.  Some of us here can teach you the art of "stop being greedy and know when to run away like a scared little girl".  The game of trim and add, and hide some profit in a boring DGI stock when necessary.  Some of that fat profit should be giving you dividends and waiting for redeployment.  It's a lot more fun than poof it's gone.

No we don't always get it perfect but we don't give it all back.  And Kblake is right, don't hide because the market is having a bad month, we are friends even if we give each other hell.  If you are brag when you win, then expect a little heat when we know you aren't.  We make mistakes for sure and most of us admit if we took a hit this week or month.  We should anyway.  My port survived JAN pretty well but it's locked and loaded for a gain now if the market doesn't completely melt.
Hey thanks all I appreciate being missed Smile

It's a lot easier to swallow a bad month when you have new funds ready to come in and buy at lower prices, but I really had nothing to talk about in January other than "man this sucks". And it's not just January, given that the bulk of my taxable funds are still in company stock which has been sliding since September. Well, the trading window is scheduled to open in a few weeks, and while $97 is not $142 it's not nothing either, so we'll see. I still have enough powder there to fund my ROTH for the year, pay the ex her child support, and hit all my targets, without breaking into options that aren't expiring yet. Dividends are forecast to rise to $10k annually after I do that.

Trim-and-add will be my mantra going forwards absolutely.

I'm still loaded up on shares of 3x ETFs, so if & when the market takes off again, it will be fun. I hate coronavirus!!! (PS: Interestingly, of all my triples, FAS held up the best in January, the financial sector one, and it is the only one of the bunch that actually pays a pretty decent quarterly dividend too.)
Have to learn to segregate strategies for the different types of holdings. Not suggesting you flip DGI stocks. You have to hold something because overall market timing is a fail in the long-run. Gambling ETFs you have to put a few chips in your pocket before you give them all back to the dealer.
EOG is a winner. Big dividend increase this year and big unrealized capital gains.
(02-04-2022, 12:07 PM)rnsmth Wrote: EOG is a winner.  Big dividend increase this year and big unrealized capital gains.
It's been a wonderful stock.  The share price only goes up, nice dividend and a special dividend.  I'm kind of hoping for another special dividend late this year.  They have some CAPEX plans but if oil prices remained elevated they can do both.  My port isn't hurt much this year.  If not for EOG, and a couple other il stocks I sold unfortunately, I would have negative returns similar to the S&P.