Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viatris VTRS
Good morning everyone.  Wondering what people are doing with their VTRS shares that were recently spun off by Pfizer.  It’s a tiny position for me and just not sure yet what to do with it.  From what I’ve read it’s expected to be a higher yielding, and probably slower growing name.  If you received any shares as a spinoff, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it.  Thanks!
(01-16-2021, 12:00 PM)SJC3510 Wrote: Good morning everyone.  Wondering what people are doing with their VTRS shares that were recently spun off by Pfizer.  It’s a tiny position for me and just not sure yet what to do with it.  From what I’ve read it’s expected to be a higher yielding, and probably slower growing name.  If you received any shares as a spinoff, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it.  Thanks!
Waited for a spike and sold them.  PFE spun off the low growth part of their business I suffered with for decades.  I spun them off when I had a chance.
I generally just hold them forever, but I'll probably sell most of these at some point, but no rush.
Sold my shares, but wife kept hers.
My previous comment could probably use a little context. I don't think Viatris is necessarily a bad stock. I am just assuming they will like end up like other generics manufacturers. I don't like most of those long-term charts. To me it is a value stock with very slow or no growth until there is reason to believe otherwise. I already own enough of those stocks. I also own about 6 health stocks so I put the money in BMY and JNJ. If a rough market were to overly correct VTRS and the dividend looked solid, it might be added to my watchlist. At the time I only had about 60 shares so it wasn't a big decision.

It's worth mentioning PFE hasn't exactly run since spinning them off, and taxes are a consideration if you don't own them in an IRA. A lot of us here do considerable trading, and most of us aren't paying taxes when we flip.