Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Covid-19 Recession
(12-03-2020, 02:20 AM)vbin Wrote: Michael Burry shorts tesla. I am just excited to see how this will play out. Off course none of the numbers or fanfare or anything with tesla makes sense . All hype but it's been heck of a run.
The share price is nuts but the company is real.  I'm still amazed that legacy auto ceded EV to them.  They'll be ten years trying to be relevant.  I understand the world wasn't ready for a big switch, but TSLA is going to have 5 factories before the rest are even profitable on EV.  I'm sure TSLA will pull back 50% some year.  If you invested two years ago you will be more than good.  Anyway, the TSLA story is interesting.
Looks like Congress is going to kick the can down the road a week and fund the government. I wasn't expecting kumbaya, but it is amazing how dysfunctional they seem to be during a time of crisis. In the end the GOV will be funded and there will be a stimulus of some sort. I sure didn't think it would be a six month project.
(12-10-2020, 07:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Looks like Congress is going to kick the can down the road a week and fund the government.  I wasn't expecting kumbaya, but it is amazing how dysfunctional they seem to be during a time of crisis.  In the end the GOV will be funded and there will be a stimulus of some sort.  I sure didn't think it would be a six month project.

2020 was one thing but the last 4 years has been a freakin' roller coaster of crazy political emotions of many sorts, i guess it's been brewing under the surface for years and trump brought it out, everyone is crazy including trump imho. the geenie is out of the bottle, if anyone including biden thinks it's going back in they're highly mistaken. biden is going to have his own set of problems, i wouldn't be surprised if hunter dies of suicide or a drug overdose at this point. if our country was a person it would take years of therapy to recover.

there's only three things to watch, the weather channel, the travel channel or HGTV..oh and QVC so it's 4
(12-16-2020, 11:01 AM)rayray Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 07:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Looks like Congress is going to kick the can down the road a week and fund the government.  I wasn't expecting kumbaya, but it is amazing how dysfunctional they seem to be during a time of crisis.  In the end the GOV will be funded and there will be a stimulus of some sort.  I sure didn't think it would be a six month project.

2020 was one thing but the last 4 years has been a freakin' roller coaster of crazy political emotions of many sorts, i guess it's been brewing under the surface for years and trump brought it out, everyone is crazy including trump imho. the geenie is out of the bottle, if anyone including biden thinks it's going back in they're highly mistaken. biden is going to have his own set of problems, i wouldn't be surprised if hunter dies of suicide or a drug overdose at this point. if our country was a person it would take years of therapy to recover.

there's only three things to watch, the weather channel, the travel channel or HGTV..oh and QVC so it's 4
The Republic will survive but we are as broken as we have been in my lifetime.  I used to enjoy politics very much but today's tribalism is insane.  It often has no constructive purpose whatsoever, and the sheep parrot their sides message because it must be correct.  Congress is too insulated from the reality of normal people.  That becomes more apparent every day.
(12-16-2020, 11:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

The Republic will survive but we are as broken as we have been in my lifetime.  I used to enjoy politics very much but today's tribalism is insane.  It often has no constructive purpose whatsoever, and the sheep parrot their sides message because it must be correct.  Congress is too insulated from the reality of normal people.  That becomes more apparent every day.

pretty much, you want to know what the right is thinking turn on fox or a few other farther right programs, not many to choose from don't even know their names but they're crazy

then if you want to know what the left are thinking turn on any mainstream media--it's become a joke and they're crazy too

then of course some of the big tech like fb and twitter they have their own thing going on--this is a big issue imho--they're crossing the line big time....zuckerberg and dorsey are threats imho

...double post deleted..internet issues
(12-16-2020, 12:06 PM)rayray Wrote:

pretty much, you want to know what the right is thinking turn on fox or a few other farther right programs, not many to choose from don't even know their names but they're crazy

then if you want to know what the left are thinking turn on any mainstream media--it's become a joke and they're crazy too

then of course some of the big tech like fb and twitter they have their own thing going on--this is a big issue imho--they're crossing the line big time....zuckerberg and dorsey are threats imho
My opinion is evolving on this one.  I do desire the 1st Amendment be respected.  That said, I don't think it's a bad idea for the huge media platforms to slow down the conspiracy theories as some are truly harmful.  But these guys can't be the arbiter of election debate as they are nothing like neutral.
"I do desire the 1st Amendment be respected. That said, I don't think it's a bad idea for the huge media platforms to slow down the conspiracy theories as some are truly harmful."

Based on what qualifications would they have earned that ability?
(12-16-2020, 10:50 PM)NilesMike Wrote: "I do desire the 1st Amendment be respected.  That said, I don't think it's a bad idea for the huge media platforms to slow down the conspiracy theories as some are truly harmful."

There lies the problem.  At the end of the day it requires not only careful research, but also a desire to be 100% objective and neutral when fact checking or removing content entirely.  80% effective in that endeavor doesn't make you "pretty good", it just makes you biased in the end.
(12-17-2020, 07:29 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 10:50 PM)NilesMike Wrote: "I do desire the 1st Amendment be respected.  That said, I don't think it's a bad idea for the huge media platforms to slow down the conspiracy theories as some are truly harmful."

There lies the problem.  At the end of the day it requires not only careful research, but also a desire to be 100% objective and neutral when fact checking or removing content entirely.  80% effective in that endeavor doesn't make you "pretty good", it just makes you biased in the end.

Yes, case in point I've had friends say something conservative, just conservative nothing obscene or even false, just a conservative POV and the post was deleted from a FB moderator. Why? Because the FB mod is liberal and the poster is conservative, the one with power wins and that's dangerous imho.

I have some liberal friends, far left (although they deny it, go figure) and when you don't agree they go balls out ballistic, beyond crazy. It's almost like there's something wrong mentally, it's very strange, there's no room for a basic cordial discussion.
(12-17-2020, 08:08 AM)rayray Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 07:29 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Yes, case in point I've had friends say something conservative, just conservative nothing obscene or even false, just a conservative POV and the post was deleted from a FB moderator. Why? Because the FB mod is liberal and the poster is conservative, the one with power wins and that's dangerous imho.

I have some liberal friends, far left (although they deny it, go figure) and when you don't agree they go balls out ballistic, beyond crazy. It's almost like there's something wrong mentally, it's very strange, there's no room for a basic cordial discussion.
I find my Facebook feed disturbing.  It's my only contact with some relatives and old friends so I keep it.  I confine my political discussions to a half dozen or so that I was pretty sure would be civil and not get hurt feelings.  What a social adventure this turned out to be. I am conservative and so are 75% of my friends and family.  A lifelong friend (my first military commander),  just announced on my page he would no longer associate with Democrats, AND THAT INCLUDES close family members.  I was just shaking my head.  My little sister embarrassed him for that statement.  (She is a Trumper who used to be a moderate DEM).  Several of my relatives post 20+ political memes a day (both left and right).  Any moron with an open mind should know they are mostly half truths and that is being kind.  Willfully ignorant sheep that believe they are winning hearts and minds with hateful rhetoric.  It's hard to watch and it's not getting better soon.