Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads up to UTX owners
Somebody here probably has the actual details.  I believe the UTX-RTN merger is still planned for early April. The two UTX spinoffs have to occur before that so very soon.  I'm sure there is an ex-spin off date and your UTX shares will drop in price at the open.  Just didn't want anybody to buy another 1000 shares thinking you are getting a deal.   Smile  

Shouldn't affect RTN shares because we won't be getting the new spin off shares.
(03-18-2020, 03:45 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Somebody here probably has the actual details.  I believe the UTX-RTN merger is still planned for early April. The two UTX spinoffs have to occur before that so very soon.  I'm sure there is an ex-spin off date and your UTX shares will drop in price at the open.  Just didn't want anybody to buy another 1000 shares thinking you are getting a deal.   Smile  

Shouldn't affect RTN shares because we won't be getting the new spin off shares.

Shows how out of touch I am on that one, I didn't even realize they were merging! =)
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
It was announced about last JUN, approved maybe OCT. They had to do some work to keep the governments happy so it wouldn't be anti-competitive. The companies have little overlap actually and match up well for more markets. It will be a good merger in my opinion, just not right now of course. Smile
This still needs verification but it appears shareholders of record on APR 6 get the shares, which implies ex-div is APR 3.

My normal knee jerk reaction to a spin off is just dump the shares. This time might be different. I'd do a little research before I just dumped them on a down market day. You are getting two VERY reputable brands. UTX isn't dumping junk, they are just focusing their new merger.

Carrier heating and air, residential and commercial. One of the top brands for sure. Competitive industry no doubt.

Otis elevators, formerly Montgomery elevators long ago. Don't know their market share but it's not small.

I don't even get any "free" shares, just trying to prompt some research. If you dump them on a down market day for 25% off, I'll be all over them like the proverbial fat kid on a ham sammitch. Can I say that here? Smile They may well outperform the parent company that put them up for adoption. Mergers aren't easy initially.