Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TGT!
Up 18 percent on solid earnings. It is not a large holding for me, and while the company seems to be performing well, it is hard to imagine this is the start of a long upward run in the stock. Any thoughts?

(I'm a little tempted to sell some covered calls...)
Much like unemployment figures, earnings for consumer discretionary stocks are typically a lagging indicator. The sales don't drop off until the recession hits the consumers' pocket books. TGT was hitting all-time-highs (at that time) in mid-2007.
Very disappointed in myself...this was one of the stocks I sold...when I use to sell...this is one of the reason's why I just don't sell anymore--I stopped trying to be smart.
TGT has been one of my gems. I bought in July 2017 and up 107% as of today. Hope we see the dividend keeping pace.
(08-21-2019, 10:28 AM)Kerim Wrote: Up 18 percent on solid earnings. It is not a large holding for me, and while the company seems to be performing well, it is hard to imagine this is the start of a long upward run in the stock. Any thoughts?

(I'm a little tempted to sell some covered calls...)

I just found this thread.  Boy, this is most certainly an epic run.  First red arrow is the ideal time to have bought it; second is when I actually bought it.

[Image: 6a4a8a83-f686-47c5-b91a-2c2a5379d99f.png].
TGT has been amazing during COVID. They have had multiple downturns through the years. Loss of credit card info etc. It's been a buying op everytime. I am itching for the time when many of the aristocrats get cheap. It's where I would like to be invested entering retirement.