Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Fully-Paid Securities Lending Program" ??
Has anyone heard of  Fully-Paid Securities Lending Program?  
I'm assuming you mean when you let your broker lend your shares to short sellers? Yeah it's a thing and should be ok with any reputable broker.
(06-22-2019, 10:34 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I'm assuming you mean when you let your broker lend your shares to short sellers?  Yeah it's a thing and should be ok with any reputable broker.

Thanks!  yes, i guess this is what it is.  Just not sure if there is any risk for me.  Thanks!
(06-22-2019, 08:03 PM)catnap88 Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 10:34 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I'm assuming you mean when you let your broker lend your shares to short sellers?  Yeah it's a thing and should be ok with any reputable broker.

Thanks!  yes, i guess this is what it is.  Just not sure if there is any risk for me.  Thanks!

In most cases, not really. But always read through the contract and make sure you understand it before you sign it!
Also keep in mind that usually not many shares get loaned so the income may be quite low. And also take a look at how it affects your taxation (for example if your shares are loaned out during a dividend payment)