Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your best and worst of 2017?
(01-05-2018, 12:57 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 10:39 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Non-DGI allowed without getting kicked out Wink

Best move: Getting into crypto space during the summer because the latest craze took over. Overall crypto portfolio is up 4x, with one of my tokens (only ICO I participated in) 9x.

Man, well done. I never really had faith in those, I played with bitcoin back in the day... I mean... years ago. And I know I still have like 0.01 somewhere but I can't remember where Big Grin

But no, I never expected them to become this big. Not by a long shot. I see a little bit of potential in some of them but there really is so many to choose from. What sort of a strategy did you use? I've been pondering about just $50 or $100 into 10 different ones, all of which are under $1 each. And then just wait and see.  But this I wouldn't even call investing, it's lottery at best.

Thanks. Its been a wild ride and Ive only been investing for 6 months or so. I dont know if I really have a long term strategy when it comes to crypto except just long term holding. I am still learning about the space. I dont know if I want to buy them all...I am ok with just the 6 tokens I have and might keep adding to them unless I come across some idea that might seem revolutionary. The 6 I have are: BTC, ETH, LTC, BAT, AION and IOTA -- 3 currencies and 3 utility tokens. 

I came across something called Combicoin recently -- which invests in 30 largest cryptos -- kind of like owning an ETF. I might take that route but I have to research on how its done first.
(01-05-2018, 08:12 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 12:57 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 10:39 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Non-DGI allowed without getting kicked out Wink

Best move: Getting into crypto space during the summer because the latest craze took over. Overall crypto portfolio is up 4x, with one of my tokens (only ICO I participated in) 9x.

Man, well done. I never really had faith in those, I played with bitcoin back in the day... I mean... years ago. And I know I still have like 0.01 somewhere but I can't remember where Big Grin

But no, I never expected them to become this big. Not by a long shot. I see a little bit of potential in some of them but there really is so many to choose from. What sort of a strategy did you use? I've been pondering about just $50 or $100 into 10 different ones, all of which are under $1 each. And then just wait and see.  But this I wouldn't even call investing, it's lottery at best.

Thanks. Its been a wild ride and Ive only been investing for 6 months or so. I dont know if I really have a long term strategy when it comes to crypto except just long term holding. I am still learning about the space. I dont know if I want to buy them all...I am ok with just the 6 tokens I have and might keep adding to them unless I come across some idea that might seem revolutionary. The 6 I have are: BTC, ETH, LTC, BAT, AION and IOTA -- 3 currencies and 3 utility tokens. 

I came across something called Combicoin recently -- which invests in 30 largest cryptos -- kind of like owning an ETF. I might take that route but I have to research on how its done first.

This is an interesting discussion, though maybe this isn't the thread for it. I'll start a general cryptocurrency thread and we can discuss more over there.