Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Softbank Group
They popped on my radar following their acquisition of Boston Dynamics from Google. Main listing in Tokyo but there is an ADR available for those without access to Tokyo.

From wiki:
Softbank Group Corp. is a Japanese multinational telecommunications and Internet corporation established on September 3, 1981, and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. It has operations in broadband, fixed-line telecommunications, e-commerce, internet, technology services, finance, media and marketing, semiconductor design, and other businesses.

At a quick glance, this is much much more than just a telecommunications company. Lots of basic stuff, such as the phone business, advertising and financial services but also some interesting products/companies in the field of games, renewable energy, robotics etc.

I've just started my research into this a couple of hours ago, so there remains a lot to be done but so far so good. The dividend yield is minimal (around 0.5%) and dividend increases have been slow, so doesn't really qualify as a dividend growth stock for the moment.

Has anyone looked into them? Any thoughts and opinions are welcome.
I've looked at them. The very low dividend and the low dividend growth is what turned me off of them. After those two strikes, I didn't do any more in depth research into them. Don't know much about their fundamentals.