Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What stocks do you think are BUYS right now?
(12-14-2016, 02:40 PM)ChadR Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 01:05 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 05:34 PM)KTMarty Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 04:26 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: I bought some GILD at $73 last week.  I'm thinking that the cash flow is so high and the P/E is so low that it's got a good chance of working out well.

From a technical chart view it has a RSI divergence at the double bottom (I like this type of setup) and excellent volume with two white candles the last two days . Closed above the 50ma. If you Buy at this point place a stop around 71 (4% loss).  Still would like to see it break the trend down,  maybe a better buy when reaches above 78.

I don't think $78 would be a better buy than $73.

I also would rather buy it at $73 instead of $78.
Sure 73 is better then 78 but if it could keep going down. Then it could be months before you see a turn up or ever. I would rather be on the safe side and have the trend in my favor.
(12-14-2016, 04:12 PM)KTMarty Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 02:40 PM)ChadR Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 01:05 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 05:34 PM)KTMarty Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 04:26 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: I bought some GILD at $73 last week.  I'm thinking that the cash flow is so high and the P/E is so low that it's got a good chance of working out well.

From a technical chart view it has a RSI divergence at the double bottom (I like this type of setup) and excellent volume with two white candles the last two days . Closed above the 50ma. If you Buy at this point place a stop around 71 (4% loss).  Still would like to see it break the trend down,  maybe a better buy when reaches above 78.

I don't think $78 would be a better buy than $73.

I also would rather buy it at $73 instead of $78.
Sure 73 is better then 78 but if it could keep going down. Then it could be months before you see a turn up or ever. I would rather be on the safe side and have the trend in my favor.

I guess it boils down to investment style.  I don't worry about the technical indicators too much.  I try to buy at value prices.  So, when CVS dropped from $80 to $70 a couple of weeks ago, I bought a lot of CVS because that was at a price that I felt was good.  NKE has been trending down for a year and I finally started loading up under $51.  The trend is certainly not in my favor.
Here are some RIET & LP's: WPC, EPD, BPL, GEL, WEC
PSA,NNN, PG, WTR, SON, GIS, ABBV, KMB, VFC
Watching for bottom: ABT, VFC
LB continues to plumb new lows...currently below $44. At some point I'm thinking I might add to this one, but I don't want to catch a falling knife.
(04-04-2017, 11:49 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: LB continues to plumb new lows...currently below $44.  At some point I'm thinking I might add to this one, but I don't want to catch a falling knife.

Yeah I have been watching LB for the last month. I'm glad I haven't pulled the trigger yet lol. There are talks they may not be able to survive with Amazon now getting into the Bra market plus mall traffic is horrific. There's just nothing of note to drive people to malls these days. TGT and Macy's are in big trouble, Sears and JC Penny's are closing many stores and wont last much longer. The only stores hitting on all cylinders in the malls these days are ULTA and Foot Locker. Which is why NKE may be worth a long term buy at these levels since it seems to he holding that $54-55 level. Retail is the one sector I follow the most and it doesn't look like things will be get better. Check out BURL, TJX and ROST. That's the only pocket of strength in the sector. Reason being; there not located in malls and shoppers want bargains, cheap shoes and housewares.
Sold a May17 75 put for 1.40

If put to me, I get TJX for 73.60

If not, I get to keep $140.00, the equivalent of 5 dividends in 45 days. While only using $1,400 in buying power per contract.
XOM is at year low right now

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Watching K and GIS, both of which I've owned for years. I know the business hasn't been good these past couple of years, but they are at 52-week lows, and really look terrible...usually a good time to buy quality companies. I just don't know if these are still quality companies.
(05-02-2017, 05:53 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Watching K and GIS, both of which I've owned for years. I know the business hasn't been good these past couple of years, but they are at 52-week lows, and really look terrible...usually a good time to buy quality companies. I just don't know if these are still quality companies.

They are quality companies as long as people want to eat.
What's up with DIS? $116 down to $110 in a day?
Might be time to bring this thread back to life.

The major telecoms have been sliding down these past couple of days, my guess is that people are selling them because they expect that the FED will announce 4 rate hikes this year. Might be a good opportunity to make some buys for a long term portfolio. (even if there is the possibility that they will be a bit cheaper in the coming days)
Yeah, telecoms has taken a hit. Woukd like to buy Telus or A&T someday but watching UPS, WBA, DIS and CLX at the moment.