Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW Stock Rover Feature
Lightbulb 
Folks,

I had just emailed StockRover ( https://www.stockrover.com ) to cancel my subscription.  They offer tons of stats and a relatively easy to use format for research and portfolio monitoring.  My biggest gripe was tracking my actual portfolio (dividend reinvestments, updating number of shares, buys, sells, etc).  I really wanted an "aggregator" like Personal Capital .  However, P C doesn't offer stock analysis.

Stock Rover just emailed back to announce that in January they will be offering "automatic updating from Brokerage Houses in January".  This could be big.   In my opinion this might make Stock Rover the complete DGI tool.

Hope this helps.  I'll try to report back.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.  Please remember our troops and their families who are off defending our freedom in ways you probably can't imagine.

Cheers!

Rob
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
Thanks for the update Rob.

A while back I emailed in a suggestion for DRIP and they said it's coming .. but what you announced is even bigger.

FWIW, I created a login for Personal Capital a week or two ago but didn't go any further because it was another instance of giving them my username + password for basically all my life ... since then I've received at least 5 phone calls and 5 emails from them ... no thanks

(12-15-2015, 11:03 AM)rapidacid Wrote: Thanks for the update Rob.

A while back I emailed in a suggestion for DRIP and they said it's coming .. but what you announced is even bigger.

FWIW, I created a login for Personal Capital a week or two ago but didn't go any further because it was another instance of giving them my username + password for basically all my life ... since then I've received at least 5 phone calls and 5 emails from them ... no thanks

As soon as I test out this new Stock Rover feature Personal Capital is gone.   The calls were annoying.  It was frustrating too to just do updates between Vanguard's security system, Fidelity, my bank, credit union, etc.  I do like their presentation but the research features and analysis at Stock Rover is a game changer if this aggregator service works out.
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
Brokerage Integration now available in Beta form @ Stock Rover

https://www.stockrover.com/blog-stock-ro...#brokerage

I might have missed it but does stockrover lets you screen stocks based on DG years?
Like number of years the company has consecutively raised dividends?

No

They do have 1, 3, 5 and 10 year average dividend growth metrics tho

"The compound average dividend growth for the last 10 years based on the last paid dividend and the corresponding dividend 10 years earlier."

(01-13-2016, 08:37 AM)rapidacid Wrote: Like number of years the company has consecutively raised dividends?

No

"The compound average dividend growth for the last 10 years based on the last paid dividend and the corresponding dividend 10 years earlier."

Thanks, I wonder why they don't have this figure, all Dave fish fans will love this feature for sure. That's kinda throws me out from using it... Bummer.
(01-16-2016, 09:19 AM)Amos Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 08:37 AM)rapidacid Wrote: Like number of years the company has consecutively raised dividends?

No

Thanks, I wonder why they don't have this figure, all Dave fish fans will love this feature for sure. That's kinda throws me out from using it... Bummer.

My guess is because it's not really a quantitative value ... they buy the M* data feed and then derive other metrics from that raw data ... obviously possible to derive the number of years a company has paid a dividend, but I think you'll have false values without human intervention in cases like the PH dividend history we recently discussed here

FWIW, I created my own watchlists in Stock Rover that were imported from Fish's various dividend levels and then run my quants against those different watchlists ... in a roundabout way achieving scoring on Dividend Champions and what not

(01-16-2016, 11:36 AM)rapidacid Wrote:
(01-16-2016, 09:19 AM)Amos Wrote:

No

My guess is because it's not really a quantitative value ... they buy the M* data feed and then derive other metrics from that raw data ... obviously possible to derive the number of years a company has paid a dividend, but I think you'll have false values without human intervention in cases like the PH dividend history we recently discussed here

FWIW, I created my own watchlists in Stock Rover that were imported from Fish's various dividend levels and then run my quants against those different watchlists ... in a roundabout way achieving scoring on Dividend Champions and what not

I understand. In the case you described, I guess the free version is a bit of a problem because I'm limited to 100 stocks.

Stockrover seems like a very powerful screening tool but anything related to portfolio managing and dividends income it's a bit lacking. Maybe I didn't find its secrets because I'm trying to free version.
http://www.stockrover.com/blog-stock-rover-6.3.html

Stock Rover Blog

A New Year, A New Release: Stock Rover 6.3
Posted by Alex Reisman on Monday, January 11, 2015 @ 8:00 AM
We’re starting 2016 off right, with brokerage integration! This blog post will review this exciting new capability plus the other good stuff in our latest release, Stock Rover 6.3, which went live this morning. 
Because Stock Rover is a web-based app, no installation or effort on your part is required. Whenever you login to Stock Rover, you’re always using the most up-to-date version.
Here’s a quick menu of what’s new:  Read more.....

Will give it a go and report back.....
Frederick Buechner
(01-25-2016, 07:24 AM)Robandcindy2 Wrote: Ohhhhkaaaay......

So with just a couple of clicks I linked our Fidelity Accounts (6) to Stock Rover...   Easy Peasy!

However.....

Each of our accounts (3 non-IRA) (2 401K) (1 Mutual Fund Non Brokerage) uploaded as separate accounts.

I emailed customer support after trying unsuccessfully to merge them into one portfolio.  This is the recommendation:

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated. 

We are unable to combine these portfolios into one portfolio.  What we recommend doing is creating a folder and grouping these portfolios under the folder, then you can right-click on the folder and click Show All Stocks, which will allow you to view all the stocks in one table. 

Regards,
Alison

The Stock Rover Team
Stock Rover Support Policies

This worked just fine and I was able to view everything on one page.

So far I'm giving this a B+.  My personal spreadsheet (GoogleSheets) does my tracking better but clearly is no match for data and analysis available with Stock Rover.   My spreadsheet is also very labor intensive updating dividend reinvestments.

I need a few more hours flying this puppy and I'll report back ......

http://www.stockrover.com/blog-stock-rover-6.3.html

Stock Rover Blog

A New Year, A New Release: Stock Rover 6.3
Posted by Alex Reisman on Monday, January 11, 2015 @ 8:00 AM
We’re starting 2016 off right, with brokerage integration! This blog post will review this exciting new capability plus the other good stuff in our latest release, Stock Rover 6.3, which went live this morning. 
Because Stock Rover is a web-based app, no installation or effort on your part is required. Whenever you login to Stock Rover, you’re always using the most up-to-date version.
Here’s a quick menu of what’s new:  Read more.....

Will give it a go and report back.....
Frederick Buechner