Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Brokerage?
I currently use CapitolOne Investing, but they don't support buying preferred issues (which I'm thinking of exploring)-- any suggestions for on-line brokers in the same cost category ($7 per trade)? OTC as well?

Thanks,

Ronn
(05-17-2016, 09:31 PM)ronn38 Wrote: I currently use CapitolOne Investing, but they don't support buying preferred issues (which I'm thinking of exploring)-- any suggestions for on-line brokers in the same cost category ($7 per trade)? OTC as well?

Thanks,

Ronn

Well, I just made another thread about this in the "off topic" section I'm really leaning towards Fidelity $7.95 or Merrill Edge $6.95 per trade with possible free trades available. I didn't make the move yet.

I was really impressed with Fidelity, they really upped the anti with their updates.
Anyone out there using Merril Lynch? If yes, have you been had issues to log in lately?

"We are sorry, but an error occurred while trying to retrieve your data. Please try again later."

Not what you expect to see from what you'd expect is a "always on" store front. It's probably the 4th or 5th time I'm seeing this in the last couple of weeks.
(06-27-2016, 09:17 AM)Rasec Wrote: Anyone out there using Merril Lynch? If yes, have you been had issues to log in lately?

"We are sorry, but an error occurred while trying to retrieve your data. Please try again later."

Not what you expect to see from what you'd expect is a "always on" store front. It's probably the 4th or 5th time I'm seeing this in the last couple of weeks.

Schwab was really slow this morning as well.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(06-27-2016, 01:08 PM)EricL Wrote: Schwab was really slow this morning as well.

I use OptionsXpress (by Charles Schwab) and it was running smoothly this afternoon.
All non US residents, are you still happy with IB? I'll be leaving the US soon and I need to find out where to take my portfolio as Merrill Edge doesn't want my business anymore.

I saw Fidelity accepts accounts for non residents as long as the account is open while I'm still in the US.
(10-31-2017, 02:51 PM)Rasec Wrote: All non US residents, are you still happy with IB?

Yes.
IB?

Yes, still satisfied.
Just be carefull with all there add-on subscriptions for data. I paid for real time data that I didnt need nor didnt know of for over 3 years.
Schwab cuts commissions to zero

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/d1808c5d-f95...o-fee.html
(10-01-2019, 09:43 AM)MikeWa Wrote: Schwab cuts commissions to zero

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/d1808c5d-f95...o-fee.html

We've read for a few years this was coming.  I love the TD Ameritrade website functionality and research capability but they'll need to lower commissions VERY soon to retain me.  Otherwise I will just leave a few bucks there to keep the website capabilities.  They can expect about a million calls a week from customers threatening to leave them.  Schwab is a quality broker so the competition will not be able to ignore this.
I will probably open a Schwab account now. I think this also undercuts the long-term viability of Robinhood. Maybe they have ensnared enough Millenials/Gen Z to survive off the margin income for Robinhood Gold, but surely most of their clientele will be bankrupt sooner rather than later. Big Grin
(10-01-2019, 10:26 AM)Otter Wrote: I will probably open a Schwab account now. I think this also undercuts the long-term viability of Robinhood. Maybe they have ensnared enough Millenials/Gen Z to survive off the margin income for Robinhood Gold, but surely most of their clientele will be bankrupt sooner rather than later. Big Grin

What is Robinhood Gold exactly?  Send in your car girlfriends car title and you can trade leveraged bitcoin options?  Smile