Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
I keep seeing SAIA trucks and ZIM containers on trucks everywhere. Reminds me I need to get some trucking/shipping stocks.
I'm sure I got absolutely slaughtered yesterday. Since I can't get back to putting new money into the market until May of next year at the earliest, I think I'm going to not pay attention for a while.
Added GOOG and AVGO

New position in ASML and ASTS
I added a couple shares of TROW this morning ahead of tomorrow's ex-div.

Passed the $4,000 projected annual dividend income mark this week. The portfolio started with $731.47 in dividend income in 2013.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(09-12-2024, 11:02 AM)EricL Wrote: I added a couple shares of TROW this morning ahead of tomorrow's ex-div.

Passed the $4,000 projected annual dividend income mark this week. The portfolio started with $731.47 in dividend income in 2013.

That's terrific!  What do your projections show for 10 years from now?
(09-16-2024, 07:21 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(09-12-2024, 11:02 AM)EricL Wrote: I added a couple shares of TROW this morning ahead of tomorrow's ex-div.

Around $10,000 if I can keep income growing at 10% annually. I've been under that the last couple of years because I'm holding some higher yield, lower growth REITs, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up at that pace.
(09-17-2024, 04:31 PM)EricL Wrote:
(09-16-2024, 07:21 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

Around $10,000 if I can keep income growing at 10% annually. I've been under that the last couple of years because I'm holding some higher yield, lower growth REITs, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up at that pace.

Cool stuff!

I find it very hard to do projections because most of my dividend gains will come from additional funds coming into my portfolio, and I have no idea what demands will be placed on my budget 2 years from now let alone 10.  Even just this year, I didn't see all the dog or uber ride expenses coming.  It's kind of funny, but my path to financial freedom partly lies in my daughter learning how to drive.
My public account is a closed account, so projections are a little easier. The only cash coming into that account are the dividends being paid by its holdings.
(09-18-2024, 03:28 PM)EricL Wrote: My public account is a closed account, so projections are a little easier. The only cash coming into that account are the dividends being paid by its holdings.

Yeah, it's a cool science experiment  Big Grin

If I get married again, my existing taxable account will get similarly closed off.