Dividend Growth Forum
What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Individual Dividend Growth Stocks (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? (/showthread.php?tid=712)

What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - Sure Dividend - 10-20-2014

I was wondering what fellow dividend growth investors think are some of the best bargains/top buys for dividend growth stocks with today's prices. Here are some stocks that rank highly for me:

- MCD
- XOM
- WMT

Please let me know your thoughts!

RE: What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - rapidacid - 10-20-2014

RGR
HP
GPS
ARLP
MSFT
QCOM
XOM
CALM
CBRL
MO

RE: What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - Dividend Watcher - 10-20-2014

Agree with HP.
RTN
HRS (a little more speculative)

RE: What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - DividendDragon - 10-20-2014

Bought into XOM and MCD at $92 a piece.

Would love to own a bit of HP, AAPL ans MSFT at current prices.

Yet...no capital Sad

RE: What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - EricL - 10-20-2014

(10-20-2014, 03:52 PM)rapidacid Wrote: RGR
HP
GPS
ARLP
MSFT
QCOM
XOM
CALM
CBRL
MO

Some good names on the list but I don't know that RGR or CALM would be considered dividend growth names as both have payouts that vary with earnings.

I like HP, GPS, MSFT, QCOM, XOM, CBRL, and MO from your list and own MSFT, QCOM, CBRL and MO.

RE: What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - Kerim - 10-20-2014

Here's a screen shot of the top ten DG scorers from my current watch list, updated to reflect today's prices. (You'll see I haven't updated the underlying info for may of these in a month or two.) Score is out of a possible 100.

This isn't a "buy" list for me -- just a starting point. Some of these I already have full positions in, so would not buy (much) more. Others aren't a great fit with my diversification goals. Etc. For the same reasons, other names that I am interested in right now might not make it into the top 10.

[attachment=84]

Let me know if further explanation of any of that would be helpful.

RE: What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - DividendDragon - 10-20-2014

DE looks good.

Debt a bit too high maybe? Would like to see them start paying it down Smile

PSX is also tempting but just missed Q2 earning estimates.

IBM - wouldn't touch it with a barge pole after today!

Long in AFL, XOM and MCD.

Looking to pick up some T soon and maybe P&G but the 22 p/e is making it look unlikely!

RE: What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - EricL - 10-20-2014

(10-20-2014, 06:26 PM)Lewys120 Wrote: DE looks good.

Debt a bit too high maybe? Would like to see them start paying it down Smile

PSX is also tempting but just missed Q2 earning estimates.

IBM - wouldn't touch it with a barge pole after today!

Long in AFL, XOM and MCD.

Looking to pick up some T soon and maybe P&G but the 22 p/e is making it look unlikely!

If I remember correctly, the DE debt situation looks much worse than it actually is because much of it is for their financing division.

RE: What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - earthtodan - 10-21-2014

I really like SNY right here. It's overlooked by US dividend growth investors because it's French and only pays yearly, but I think it's a great investment, cheap, and it's one of my largest positions. The earnings the past few years look suspect but it's a patent cliff/pipeline strength story, which is just part of pharma.

Also liking JNJ, UTX, GE, QCOM, GWW, V, TD, BNS. That's probably what I'd buy tomorrow if I were to build someone a portfolio.

RE: What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - DividendDragon - 10-21-2014

My only pharma stock at present js GSK.
Bought in at 5.4% yiled.

The dividend growth history is patchy and they stock is pressed due to a collapse in China sales because of a bribary scandal.

It has a strong growth pipeline and I would be buying more if it weren't for the fact I'm trying to diversify as my portfolio is tiny and weighting stocks at 20 odd percent each!

(10-21-2014, 12:09 AM)earthtodan Wrote: I really like SNY right here. It's overlooked by US dividend growth investors because it's French and only pays yearly, but I think it's a great investment, cheap, and it's one of my largest positions. The earnings the past few years look suspect but it's a patent cliff/pipeline strength story, which is just part of pharma.

Also liking JNJ, UTX, GE, QCOM, GWW, V, TD, BNS. That's probably what I'd buy tomorrow if I were to build someone a portfolio.

RE: What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - DividendGarden - 10-21-2014

I have added to my positions in AFL, CVX, DE, V this past week.

RE: What Are Your Top Dividend Growth Buys Now? - Sure Dividend - 10-21-2014

Thanks for all the great replies, I appreciate the feedback!