Dividend Growth Forum
Dividend Announcement Thread! - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Individual Dividend Growth Stocks (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Dividend Announcement Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=443)

RE: Dividend Announcement Thread! - EricL - 05-06-2021

• EOG Resources (NYSE:EOG) declares $0.4125/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.

• Forward yield 2.15%

• The Board also declared a special dividend of $1.00/share payable along with regular dividend.

• Payable July 30; for shareholders of record July 16; ex-div July 15.
A $1 special dividend is essentially a 61% dividend boost for the year on top of the 10% increase it announced last quarter.

RE: Dividend Announcement Thread! - fenders53 - 05-07-2021

(05-06-2021, 11:41 PM)EricL Wrote:
  • EOG Resources (NYSE:EOG) declares $0.4125/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.

• Forward yield 2.15%

• The Board also declared a special dividend of $1.00/share payable along with regular dividend.

A $1 special dividend is essentially a 61% dividend boost for the year on top of the 10% increase it announced last quarter.
What is your opinion on special divs?  I think they are generally good as the company doesn't back themselves into a corner with a regular div that chokes them when the black clouds come for a year. Investors expect the special div every year though, or a second one two quarters later. I read that on forums all the time. Smile

RE: Dividend Announcement Thread! - ken-do-nim - 05-07-2021

• Forward yield 2.15%

Yet another company I've never even heard of until now.  I'll have to check it out.

RE: Dividend Announcement Thread! - EricL - 05-10-2021

(05-07-2021, 02:52 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

• Forward yield 2.15%

What is your opinion on special divs?  I think they are generally good as the company doesn't back themselves into a corner with a regular div that chokes them when the black clouds come for a year.  Investors expect the special div every year though, or a second one two quarters later.  I read that on forums all the time.  Smile

I think it's a great move by EOG management to show they are serious about shareholder returns rather than maximizing production. EOG has long been my favorite shale driller, and this shows why. They are managing cap-ex to maximize returns rather than just growing for growth's sake.

Over the last four years, they've more than doubled the dividend and cut net debt by $3 billion while growing production in a weak price environment.

At $60 WTI they will make an additional $1.9B in cash flow above this already announced special dividend, so there's more room for shareholder returns going forward. The quarterly conference call mentioned dividends 36 times, showing it is definitely a focus for management. 

The transcript and slides from the quarterly conference call are worth a read if you are interested in the stock.

The market certainly responded well to the news as shares were up 8% on Friday. At $60 crude, there is still a lot of upside to go imho.

RE: Dividend Announcement Thread! - fenders53 - 05-10-2021

I'm noticing this trend with a number of my materials/commodity based companies during their boom cycle. Some for the shareholders, pay off some debt, don't go crazy adding excessive new supply capabilities. That's how you become a dividend aristocrat or challenger instead of a fighting for survival three years from now.

RE: Dividend Announcement Thread! - EricL - 05-13-2021

Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE: UNP) announced that its Board of Directors today voted to increase the quarterly dividend on the company’s common shares by 10% to $1.07 per share. The dividend is payable June 30, 2021, to shareholders of record May 28, 2021. Union Pacific has paid dividends on its common stock for 122 consecutive years.

“I am pleased to report our dividend increase,” said Jennifer Hamann, Union Pacific executive vice president and chief financial officer. “This increase is consistent with the financial guidance outlined at our recent Investor Day to target a dividend payout ratio of 45%.”

RE: Dividend Announcement Thread! - DividendGarden - 05-19-2021

Northrop Grumman (NYSE: NOC) declares $1.57/share quarterly dividend, 8.3% increase from prior dividend of $1.45.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3698051-northrop-grumman-raises-dividend-by-8-to-157-per-share

RE: Dividend Announcement Thread! - DividendGarden - 05-27-2021

Unum (UNM) raised its quarterly dividend by 5.3% to $0.30 per common share, compared to $0.285/share in the previous quarter.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3700815-unum-group-raises-dividend-by-53

RE: Dividend Announcement Thread! - EricL - 05-27-2021

Flowers Foods (NYSE:FLO) declares $0.21/share quarterly dividend, 5% increase from prior dividend of $0.20.
Forward yield 3.47%
Payable June 24; for shareholders of record June 10; ex-div June 9.

Booyah!

Lowe's (NYSE:LOW) declares $0.80/share quarterly dividend, 33.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.60.
Forward yield 1.65%
Payable Aug. 4; for shareholders of record July 21; ex-div July 20.

RE: Dividend Announcement Thread! - ken-do-nim - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 03:59 PM)EricL Wrote: Booyah!

Lowe's (NYSE:LOW) declares $0.80/share quarterly dividend, 33.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.60.
Forward yield 1.65%
Payable Aug. 4; for shareholders of record July 21; ex-div July 20.

Hooray!  I think this is my first dividend increase.

American Tower (NYSE:AMT) declares $1.27/share quarterly dividend, 2.4% increase from prior dividend of $1.24.
Forward yield 2.0%
Payable July 9; for shareholders of record June 18; ex-div June 17.