Dividend Growth Forum
DGI For The DIY - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: My Portfolio (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: DGI For The DIY (/showthread.php?tid=260)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: DGI For The DIY - ChadR - 02-12-2020

Nice job raising your January dividend income by over 27%.

RE: DGI For The DIY - EricL - 02-15-2020

Did a big update to the layout on the site, I think the new look is much cleaner as easier on the eyes.

https://dgiforthediy.com/

Thoughts?

RE: DGI For The DIY - fenders53 - 02-15-2020

Yes that is much easier to read data, but at least one chart is leaking into the "ads" on the right panel. For me anyway.

RE: DGI For The DIY - EricL - 02-15-2020

(02-15-2020, 06:31 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Yes that is much easier to read data, but at least one chart is leaking into the "ads" on the right panel. For me anyway.

Thanks for the feedback, I noticed that too.

Just did some tweaking, and I think I've got the table looking correctly now.

RE: DGI For The DIY - fenders53 - 02-16-2020

(02-15-2020, 11:32 PM)EricL Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 06:31 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Yes that is much easier to read data, but at least one chart is leaking into the "ads" on the right panel.  For me anyway.

I really enjoy your contributions Eric.  The DGI portion of my portfolio shares a similar philosophy.  You truly have caused me to research some good stocks.  

And since you seem open to constructive feedback, lose the commission column.  That's fine for your records, but nobody cares if you paid two bucks or the trade was free.  Use the space for something useful to readers.  Hardly an emergency of course.

BTW Cracker Barrel is another stock you put me onto.  I keep a base DGI position for the great dividend.  But it seems pretty volatile for the BIZ.  Probably because it's a Nasdaq stock.  When it dips I add 3 or 5 shares.  A few days or a week later I'm taking a profit and tell the wife we need to go out to eat and spend it. (Acting like the trading guru I am not lol).  She loves the CBRL gift shop full of neat stuff nobody actually needs. On a more serious note I need to add to my base position next time is goes sub 155. That div is tough to find in the restaurant sub-sector. They have little national competition in the "southern food" niche.  Southerners do move and the menu plays well enough all over the Northland too.

RE: DGI For The DIY - EricL - 03-04-2020

Dividend Growth Digest: March 2020

Highlights my monthly dividend income growth, recent dividend increases, upcoming dividend announcements, and some DGI articles I've enjoyed reading over the last month. Also takes a closer look at Ross Stores, and the tremendous returns that it's provided over the last two decades.

RE: DGI For The DIY - EricL - 03-04-2020

(02-16-2020, 07:51 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 11:32 PM)EricL Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 06:31 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Yes that is much easier to read data, but at least one chart is leaking into the "ads" on the right panel.  For me anyway.

I really enjoy your contributions Eric.  The DGI portion of my portfolio shares a similar philosophy.  You truly have caused me to research some good stocks.  

And since you seem open to constructive feedback, lose the commission column.  That's fine for your records, but nobody cares if you paid two bucks or the trade was free.  Use the space for something useful to readers.  Hardly an emergency of course.

BTW Cracker Barrel is another stock you put me onto.  I keep a base DGI position for the great dividend.  But it seems pretty volatile for the BIZ.  Probably because it's a Nasdaq stock.  When it dips I add 3 or 5 shares.  A few days or a week later I'm taking a profit and tell the wife we need to go out to eat and spend it. (Acting like the trading guru I am not lol).  She loves the CBRL gift shop full of neat stuff nobody actually needs. On a more serious note I need to add to my base position next time is goes sub 155. That div is tough to find in the restaurant sub-sector. They have little national competition in the "southern food" niche.  Southerners do move and the menu plays well enough all over the Northland too.

Thanks for the feedback. It's actually something I've gone back and forth with over the years. Try to be as transparent as possible, but information overload is another thing to consider.

RE: DGI For The DIY - fenders53 - 03-04-2020

It's not ruining your site in any event.  If you were a high volume trader then things like commissions certainly mattered until everything became free, or close to it.  A certain amount of trust has to be assumed.  You could lie and post up trades you never made.  The way you present yourself on the web tells me that's not ever going to happen.

RE: DGI For The DIY - EricL - 03-31-2020

I posted a quick article on Seeking Alpha talking about how my dividend income went up in Q1 despite two dividend cuts in the portfolio.

How I'm Staying Calm During The Market Storm

Ignore the noise and keep your eye on the prize!

RE: DGI For The DIY - fenders53 - 03-31-2020

There's a prize?  Smile

Appreciate the update.  This should be an interesting year.  Staying even on dividends will probably be a win.

DGI For The DIY - chascornell - 04-02-2020

How does everyone buy shares for free? On E*TRADE they charge me 7 bucks a trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: DGI For The DIY - fenders53 - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 12:02 PM)chascornell Wrote: How does everyone buy shares for free? On E*TRADE they charge me 7 bucks a trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read their minimum account balance rules.  If that's not it call them. You can definitely trade for free elsewhere with about any account balance.