Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 01-07-2022

Added to TXN and NDAQ

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 01-07-2022

(11-15-2021, 10:23 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:01 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Me too on CRWD. I need to add  more growth. That's what everyone wants these days. Tired of being in the names that don't move lol

Finally sold my T after 8 years. Had enough lol
Nobody can say you weren't patient.  I've held a few dogs for decades but two years is about the max these days before I try to slap myself out of denial.

(01-07-2022, 10:14 AM)kblake Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 10:07 AM)stockguru Wrote: Sold out of all my oil names but EOG

It may go higher but I'm taking the profits now before the downturn.  I have learned over the years in this sector when you have good profits take them lol. Better buying opportunities will come along.

Probably not a bad idea. Sector is way over extended. I may trim some today as well.

How about my KR. Boring but at a new high as in HRL 

Today added some monthly dividend stocks 

This year I'm in the safe approach. And wont buy any names that don't make a profit or over a PE of 40.  Just the way I'm playing it with 5 years left to retirement.

That would be a great new thread topic - how to "cool down" one's port as retirement approaches.  Would I still be buying AVGO (PE 41) with 5 years left?  

Another bad day.  Semis down.  I'm perhaps overly jaded because I still don't believe they are in any serious danger.  The market need for them is just too strong. Dario you keep on loading up on TXN Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-07-2022

Took me a full year to cool my port down for retirement, and it wasn't exactly crazy risky when I started. You can't just wake most days and do it unless you wish to sell stocks at a loss. If you do it overnight you are probably just being scared. You don't have to put your entire port in JNJ to retire. Always room for some amount of growth IMO.

Chips are just down because everybody jumped on the hype train. After a dip half of them are still at 150% of historical valuations. It will take time before they aren't overpriced. What the market decides the share price should be in the meantime is just short-term stuff. AVGO is a great company that is overvalued. There are many more sector leaders just like it. It's not even debatable. Some year you eat it and wait a few years to recover.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 01-07-2022

Added SBUX, UNH, QQQ and ORI

Sbux now my 4th largest holding and I go there 5 days a week Wink

Trimmed a little BMY. I got way overweight when it dipped under 55. I think this is my last stock I consider overweight. Probably going to add a little solar (other than ENPH) because I am calling the bottom. Smile Not really, but close enough if I truly believe in the sector. Maybe a few shares of QQQ as well. I will nibble down on tech for a long time if necessary. I got time to wait.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 01-07-2022

(11-15-2021, 10:23 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:01 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Me too on CRWD. I need to add  more growth. That's what everyone wants these days. Tired of being in the names that don't move lol

Finally sold my T after 8 years. Had enough lol
Nobody can say you weren't patient.  I've held a few dogs for decades but two years is about the max these days before I try to slap myself out of denial.

(01-07-2022, 12:09 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added SBUX, UNH, QQQ and ORI

5 days a week?  Wow.  Panera is my go to counter service chain, but last I checked they are no longer publicly traded.  My daughter thinks Starbucks has the best iced chai tea latte of them all.

I did own Starbucks last year, but neither its yield nor its price movement warranted keeping it.  Old Republic, on the other hand, looks like a pretty good place for money this year.

(01-07-2022, 12:09 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added SBUX, UNH, QQQ and ORI

5 days a week?  Wow.  Panera is my go to counter service chain, but last I checked they are no longer publicly traded.  My daughter thinks Starbucks has the best iced chai tea latte of them all.

I did own Starbucks last year, but neither its yield nor its price movement warranted keeping it.  Old Republic, on the other hand, looks like a pretty good place for money this year.
[/quote]
Mmmmm Panera.  One of my favorite lunch spots for sure.  I am really itching to buy something but it's hard to find much that is compelling.  I've been looking at some of the tech companies that have pulled back and dang they still have scary P/S ratios.  Guess it's just a couple shares here and there to entertain myself.

I see the haunted post quotes are flaring up again.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 01-07-2022

Added SBUX, OHI, BX and O

New positions in YUM, EPD, IRM

I agree SBUX is a buy at these levels. Ken Do obviously hasn't waited in line at one Wink At a 25 forward PE not that expensive at all. The dividend is just a bonus.

Trimmed CVX, XOM and DVN, and sold out of T (Actually made $220 on it lol)

Have puts in MRNA and BNTX (Covid vacs run is done)

Like Fenders staying away from Tech. Rich valuations still. Chips next to get hit big. AVGO has lost $60 in 2 days lol

Ok that's enough for today.

(01-07-2022, 02:44 PM)Mr1share Wrote: Added SBUX, OHI, BX and O

I agree SBUX is a buy at these levels. Ken Do obviously hasn't waited in line at one Wink At a 25 forward PE not that expensive at all. The dividend is just a bonus.

Like Fenders staying away from Tech. Rich valuations still. Chips next to get hit big. AVGO has lost $60 in 2 days lol

Yeah Starbucks isn't going away.  My wife and daughter love the place. Probably not a table pounding buy but you rarely get burnt buying a SBUX dip. 

You won't get crushed shorting the Vax but I'm not sure it's an easy target yet.  We'll see I guess.  My wife owns some PFE but Covid isn't their only game.  Just their cash cow for at least a few more quarters. 

I am going to keep nibbling the NAS and it will work out because I don't care how long it takes, but it's a real crap shoot picking an individual name right here.  I am playing with AMD puts and I'll likely get sucked in.  I'm good with that but of course I want to pay near market value after the big premiums play out.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 02:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Yeah Starbucks isn't going away.  My wife and daughter love the place. Probably not a table pounding buy but you rarely get burnt buying a SBUX dip. 

You won't get crushed shorting the Vax but I'm not sure it's an easy target yet.  We'll see I guess.  My wife owns some PFE but Covid isn't their only game.  Just their cash cow for at least a few more quarters. 

I am going to keep nibbling the NAS and it will work out because I don't care how long it takes, but it's a real crap shoot picking an individual name right here.  I am playing with AMD puts and I'll likely get sucked in.  I'm good with that but of course I want to pay near market value after the big premiums play out.

PFE is a but different then MRNA and BNTX but it only ran because the vaccines. I would be hesitant to own PFE at these levels now.

SBUX is a stock you buy and don't touch. I added some as well. It's like the Amazon of coffee  Tongue  It's a much own 

MRNA will probably head to that $150 area. Not a stock I want to own 

AMD don't want to own either. Great products but it has ran way too much. I didn't even but when it was $10, so I'm sure not going to buy now lol. I know completely different company but I would rather own boring INTC here in this crazy over valued market. Plus you get a dividend. AMD has been all hype and I'm afraid like most tech it will go much lower when the big shots had enough. They ran it up from $104 to $161 on nothing more then short covering. 41 PE still way too high. 

I did add some JEPI and new position in HUM and (I listened to the conference call. Not all that bad. While HUM’s enrollment update was disappointing, they noted they priced conservatively which may be driving the reduced enrollment growth. That said, they left remainder of 2022 EPS outlook unchanged. We will watch to see in coming weeks if management continues to describe the 11% growth rate as the floor for EPS growth later this year. To me this is temporary and its a buying opportunity 

(01-07-2022, 03:14 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 02:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

PFE is a but different then MRNA and BNTX but it only ran because the vaccines. I would be hesitant to own PFE at these levels now.

SBUX is a stock you buy and don't touch. I added some as well. It's like the Amazon of coffee  Tongue  It's a much own 

MRNA will probably head to that $150 area. Not a stock I want to own 

AMD don't want to own either. Great products but it has ran way too much. I didn't even but when it was $10, so I'm sure not going to buy now lol. I know completely different company but I would rather own boring INTC here in this crazy over valued market. Plus you get a dividend. AMD has been all hype and I'm afraid like most tech it will go much lower when the big shots had enough. They ran it up from $104 to $161 on nothing more then short covering. 41 PE still way too high. 

I did add some JEPI and new position in HUM and (I listened to the conference call. Not all that bad. While HUM’s enrollment update was disappointing, they noted they priced conservatively which may be driving the reduced enrollment growth. That said, they left remainder of 2022 EPS outlook unchanged. We will watch to see in coming weeks if management continues to describe the 11% growth rate as the floor for EPS growth later this year. To me this is temporary and its a buying opportunity 
We should have bought AMD at 10.  JEPI is crap for people that don't understand how derivatives work.  That's a huge audience and the fees are good for the fund managers so it will be around a good while. When the market goes flat they will just give you back your own capital and call it income. I am guessing that will work for a long time. Pay no attention to the share price falling. As long as the SPY is flying you'll get a small part of the index gain.

You'll be proud Ken. I bought a few shares of TQQQ in my new boat (taxable) account, because that is the only place I can buy it. Just a few shares for now but QQQ is getting a little oversold. I will definitely trade it though if I get a bounce. I will also add some some if the dip continues. Not onboard with SOXL without a better dip but it's on the radar.