Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 03:35 PM)divmenow Wrote: Sold out of MO at $49.30. Held it since 2012 in my sons account when he was born. Nice gains. But got more then I expected out of it. A lot on here sold too early. Glad to have gotten almost $50 lol

Put it all into DUK and STAG

GURU should have held VSTO for another day Wink
Guru has had a few good VSTO rides.  Kid owes me money lol.  I have sold a couple dozen tickers the past months so I will have some regrets soon enough.  VSTO option premiums are consistently good.  I make more money watching them expire worthless then owning the shares half the time.  The valuation is crazy good but the shares will hit a wall soon enough.  They'll blow away earnings again and the MOMO guys will show up for 3-5 days, then leave.  Crazy good turn around story.  They were in deep trouble two years ago, Floyd incident happens and spike ammo prices.  They are buying profitable small outdoor companies with cash (seven of them), and buying back shares.  I'll keep some of my shares a long time.              

MO will be a good swing trade for years I suspect.  I don't like owning it up here waiting for the next drama to drop.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 01-04-2022

Munger literally doubled down on baba again.

Sold a few CC in oil

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-05-2022

Caught some ENPH falling knife twice today. Taking it slow.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 01-05-2022

Added ENPH, MSFT, VZ and CMI

Should have waited until today to buy ENPH. My average is now $182 (But I'm ok with that long term)

(01-05-2022, 12:45 PM)MrFortune Wrote: Added ENPH, MSFT, VZ and CMI

Should have waited until today to buy ENPH. My average is now $182 (But I'm ok with that long term)

ENPH is a buy it slow kind of stock to me.  Its sorta like NEE.  Market darling that isn't likely to sell truly cheap from now on.  It could be 225 or 125 six months from now but I am pretty sure it's at 300 in a few years or less.

MRNA new 6 month low

SQ new 52 week low

These stocks are still getting pounded. I should have bought puts lol

I may never see the levels I bought at for 5 years. Good thing its less then 20 shares each lol

(01-05-2022, 02:05 PM)MrFortune Wrote: MRNA new 6 month low

SQ new 52 week low

I may never see the levels I bought at for 5 years. Good thing its less then 20 shares each lol

I only have two stocks getting murdered, but I have a helluva lot more than 20 shares lol.  Both solar other than ENPH.  You want to see some real pain head over to youtube. Several guys I follow dragged legions of young sheep off the cliff with entire port full of IPOs and SPAC they paid 300% too much for.  Probably getting harder to sell their "How to trade stocks like a fool" courses.  It's been painful watching them average down for nine months.  That'll teach them for mocking my boring boomer stocks.   Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 01-05-2022

(01-05-2022, 02:47 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

SQ new 52 week low

I only have two stocks getting murdered, but I have a helluva lot more than 20 shares lol.  Both solar other than ENPH.  You want to see some real pain head over to youtube. Several guys I follow dragged legions of young sheep off the cliff with entire port full of IPOs and SPAC they paid 300% too much for.  Probably getting harder to sell their "How to trade stocks like a fool" courses.  It's been painful watching them average down for nine months.  That'll teach them for mocking my boring boomer stocks.   Smile

The end of the week could get interesting. Many of these stocks are still trading at insane valuations and are far from cheap.

There is a ton of leverage in these high beta names. If forced selling becomes an issue following margin calls on a big player or two, we could see some fireworks.

SQ new 52 week low

Its all over. Hide your money under the mattress  Big Grin

All those high flyers will never see the levels they once had 

Maybe leaving in the bank isn't such a bad idea now. Biden will put us us on the map and the next 3 years will go down as the worst since 1929  Big Grin

You heard it here first..

(01-05-2022, 03:09 PM)MrFortune Wrote:

SQ new 52 week low

Maybe leaving in the bank isn't such a bad idea now. Biden will put us us on the map and the next 3 years will go down as the worst since 1929  Big Grin

Only a couple real companies in the entire batch.  The sheer amount of new stocks is an issue.  There isn't enough spec money to fix them.  Why would I buy them when I can but a profitable but overvalues company?  PayPal for instance.  Still way overvalued in my opinion but they aren't going away.  I;d buy that first  No where near as risky as a SPAC that is 3+ years away from making a dime if things go well.  The Covid stimulus gambler kids are out of money so it gets worse.  Just wait until these companies try to issue some more shares to keep the grift going.       

I am so happy I dumped most anything truly speculative over the past few months.

(01-05-2022, 03:36 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 03:09 PM)MrFortune Wrote:

SQ new 52 week low

Only a couple real companies in the entire batch.  The sheer amount of new stocks is an issue.  There isn't enough spec money to fix them.  Why would I buy them when I can but a profitable but overvalues company?  PayPal for instance.  Still way overvalued in my opinion but they aren't going away.  I;d buy that first  No where near as risky as a SPAC that is 3+ years away from making a dime if things go well.  The Covid stimulus gambler kids are out of money so it gets worse.  Just wait until these companies try to issue some more shares to keep the grift going.       

I am so happy I dumped most anything truly speculative over the past few months.

RUN was speculative and I'm taking a bath in that name lol

ADBE, AVGO, NVDA, ABNB. These aren't specs but they are all caught up in those ETF's with specs on them  Big Grin

SQ still going lower. Wow anyone other then me own. I have had since $26 but damn so goes my profits

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 01-05-2022

Wow what a bad day. But the pounding my E*Trade account is taking is nothing compared to what's going on with my company stock. Down over 10% and it's been dropping like a stone since Aug 31st.