Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 12-30-2021

Bought some STAG

Added QYLD - becoming a top holding of mine now (I'm quite finer collecting the nice dividends each month (I will park here for a few years and wait until the big market crash lol)

Lightened up on EXC - Way ahead of its self

Added some ENPH to growth portfolio

BABA up big today! Don't own but happy for the ones who bought last few days

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-30-2021

(12-30-2021, 02:23 PM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some STAG

Added QYLD - becoming a top holding of mine now (I'm quite finer collecting the nice dividends each month (I will park here for a few years and wait until the big market crash lol)

Lightened up on EXC - Way ahead of its self

Added some ENPH to growth portfolio

BABA up big today! Don't own but happy for the ones who bought last few days
BABA needed a break.  Obviously there are some reasons that aren't going away soon but I have never see a stock with solid fundamentals take such a beat down for over a year. 

I am going to have to start averaging up on ENPH soon.  I don't have to wreck my basis overnight but I need to add to my position.  It is the #1 or #2 stock in the sector.  My solar stocks other than ENPH are up nicely today for the first time in a while.  The outcome of that proposed CA law is going to be important.  I'd like to say a bad outcome is priced in already but I don't really know.  

I closed a ton of profitable put sells today.  Finally going to transfer half my account over to Schwab tomorrow and I won't be able to touch the funds for a week.  That wait is gonna kill me lol.

I thought is was Friday all day today.    Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Scooterd - 12-31-2021

I will be tracking Copper Pricing as we enter into 1Q 2022
I am still researching PSX, and OLN

- Scoot

The less prudence with which others conduct their affairs, the greater the prudence with which we should conduct our own.- Warren Buffett

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-31-2021

I am going to continue to nibble a few shares only because I am too cashy. I see absolutely no reason for a real crash, and I see no catalyst to launch the market higher while Omicron is about to slow down a lot of earnings next quarter. The market will look past it soon enough IMO.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 12-31-2021

While I'm in a long stretch of no moves to make, I thought I'd share a funny. Today I looked at E*Trade's estimated annual dividends tab, and whoah! It was a $1000 higher than last week when I looked. I tracked this down to these reasons:
1. The Direxion triple leveraged ETFs pay an annual dividend in December, but E*Trade for some reason thinks that these are the start of quarterly payments, so it lists the same payments again in each succeeding quarter in 2022. When March comes and the dividends don't happen it will drop these.
2. QYLD for some reason had an awesome December payment, and E*Trade now estimates that same amount for every month going forwards.
3. RIO and VALE are crapshoots but it just takes their most recent payments and projects forward.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 12-31-2021

Closed a nvda put and sold another. Looking at prosus to add.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 12-31-2021

Bought QYLD, EOG and MED

I like QYLD and the payout ratio. Its monthly going forward not quarterly. Some sites have it wrong. .99 was only for this month only.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 12-31-2021

Bought some new beaten down names BEAM, CRSP, CHWY, DKNG, and BBY

Added RTX, LHX, QYLD, MED, CI, and T

SOLD ADP

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 01-01-2022

Did some end of year buying.

O, V, AVAL, LMT, BIP, LAND, AVA, and CAH.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 01-03-2022

Looks like I'll be dumping RYLD for XYLD today. RYLD missed its December payment, for reasons unknown to me. I see this also happened in December 2019, so it's not the first time for it. Meanwhile, XYLD and QYLD crushed it in December.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-03-2022

(01-03-2022, 08:10 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Looks like I'll be dumping RYLD for XYLD today.  RYLD missed its December payment, for reasons unknown to me.  I see this also happened in December 2019, so it's not the first time for it.  Meanwhile, XYLD and QYLD crushed it in December.
Did they already pay out their target 12% yield for 2021? RYLD is Russell 2000 based (IQM). That index had a rough NOV-DEC so that' a possibility. XYLD is Nasdaq 100 based.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rnsmth - 01-03-2022

Bought some RY this morning