Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 12-21-2021

added T, MED, DKS, SO, LLY and DG

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 12-21-2021

(12-21-2021, 11:01 AM)vbin Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 02:45 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 02:31 PM)kblake Wrote: Bought BEN, CVX, T, NUE, PM, WFC, WM and O

Nice buys.

I think T may be on its way to $28 now. The shorts are done and have moved on.

I have never been a big fan of the stock but I'm starting be semi warm on it lol. Believe it or not I went in for 500 shares this morning. Had to park some money somewhere and figured with the dividend on 1/7 why not  Undecided  HBO Max is hot right now and my kids love it. Plus they are paying down the debt. 

ABBV just keeps hitting new highs  Big Grin

Also added BX, WM, MRK, and ABNB

Sold some PUTS on BEN, TXRH, and SOFI
Weren't they cutting the divvy and selling hbo along with other content to discovery or something ?

They are expecting HBO Max/HBO global subscriber target of 70 million to 73 million subscribers by the end of the year.

They will be spinning it off WBD (Warner Brothers Discovery) so more value for T holders. And T will still own 70% of the company. 

Through the deal, AT&T would receive $43 billion in a combination of cash, debt securities and WarnerMedia's retention of certain debt, and AT&T's shareholders would receive stock representing 71% of the new company. Discovery shareholders would own 29% of the new company.

Even if they cut the dividend to .25 that's still a nice payout  Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - graydog - 12-21-2021

Yesterday:

Added to MS - nice div, nice reports. Premarket it was at $95.++ and bot the dip @ $95.50
Added to NVDA on the dip

What I Am Buying Today. - MrPosadas - 12-21-2021

Started new positions in ADBE and PYPL this morning.

Haven’t had a chance to post but over the last few weeks have been cost averaging down existing positions in ATVI, WU, AI, and BLBD. Bought back into a sizable HA position after the Omnicron news broke around Thanksgiving.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 12-22-2021

Sold wba, bti and bought baba with the proceeds.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 12-22-2021

Added to MO on ex dividend day

Also added ATVI, LMT, LHX and WSM

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-22-2021

Slow day. Only thing I am buying today is a Covid test because I lost an argument with my sister. I am vaxxed so it is a bit premature IMO. She is a Respiratory Therapist so like I said, I lost the argument lol. I say it's Bronchitis because I spent a few hours getting Youtube medically qualified today. Smile

I do feel like I was run over by a truck and barking like a seal all night. Smile

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 12-22-2021

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling good. Stinks being sick this time of year given everyone will treat you like you have plague at the family gatherings! For some that might be a good thing if Xmas is at the Mother in laws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-22-2021

(12-22-2021, 05:17 PM)bankerboy Wrote: Sorry to hear you’re not feeling good. Stinks being sick this time of year given everyone will treat you like you have plague at the family gatherings! For some that might be a good thing if Xmas is at the Mother in laws!

I'm going to hold my PFE stock a while longer.  I'm not an alarmist, and I think the omicron is likely a mutation in the right direction, but I would bet my last dollar we are about to blow up some hospital beds and testing centers about a week after Christmas.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 12-22-2021

(12-22-2021, 05:22 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 05:17 PM)bankerboy Wrote: Sorry to hear you’re not feeling good. Stinks being sick this time of year given everyone will treat you like you have plague at the family gatherings! For some that might be a good thing if Xmas is at the Mother in laws!

I'm going to hold my PFE stock a while longer.  I'm not an alarmist, and I think the omicron is likely a mutation in the right direction, but I would bet my last dollar we are about to blow up some hospital beds and testing centers about a week after Christmas.

True.

I hope you feel better soon.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 12-23-2021

In my Roth, continuing its "Growthification."

Sold MO at $47.00

Bought BBY at $96.94
Bought WSM at $167.50

This dropped my dividends in my Roth by nearly 20%. But it raised the "organic" DGR (based on historical 5-yr DGRs) from 9.18% to 10.50%. Trades like this are one reason why I'm not going to get too bent out of shape when my dividend increase this year over last year is single digits. Different account from when I started the year with IRM, OHI - and MO.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 12-23-2021

(12-22-2021, 05:13 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I do feel like I was run over by a truck and barking like a seal all night.  Smile

(12-22-2021, 05:22 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I'm going to hold my PFE stock a while longer.  I'm not an alarmist, and I think the omicron is likely a mutation in the right direction, but I would bet my last dollar we are about to blow up some hospital beds and testing centers about a week after Christmas.

Sorry you're feeling crummy, Fenders!

And yes, looks like we're cooking up a perfect omicron storm for January. Let's just hope it is even more mild than initial guesses, so that the worst doesn't come to pass.

Meanwhile, I hope you can rest up!