Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 12-16-2021

(12-16-2021, 02:32 PM)TMW Wrote: Own PYPL. Down 22% SQ. Down 28% A few DKNG down 21% will hold but wish i had sold Draftkings at up 40%

NVDA down almost 20 today ?   What is everyone thinking. ?  Valuation

I own NVDA but at much lower levels. However if it goes down another $20-$30 tomorrow may add 

You know its a bad day in the market when T is up 7.33% VZ is up 4.4%. I may buy puts as these will both come down in a few days  Big Grin There cheap enough

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-16-2021

(12-16-2021, 02:03 PM)MrFortune Wrote: Do you think the people who bought these names will ever see there money back? We call them bagholders

TDOC $308 to now $88
UPST $401 to $146
COUP - $377 to $151
AFRM - $176 to $94. (another Cramer Pump)
HOOD - $85 to $18
PTON - $171 to $39
ZM - $451 to $180
U - $210 to $133
PLTR - $45 to $17
CRWD - $299 to $199
DKNG - $75 to $27
SQ - $298 to $177
PYPL - $310 to $190

And the list goes on. How many here hold these names. I own a few. Yikes Wink

SOXL next one to be creamed Ken - do Wink It will fill the gaps at $44
I not saying it happens quick but my guess is yes to U-PYPL.

A solid probably for SQ-PLTR-CRWD

Not a chance in this decade for PTON-DKNG-ZM-TDOC.  Not that they can't bounce, but the competition will arrive before they can be worth the  Covid bubble price.

SOXX will recover and thrive eventually. No I am not buying back in yet. Smile

(12-16-2021, 02:07 PM)cemanuel Wrote: I own PYPL. Bought it at $200 though. Not worried, also not a lot of it.
You are fine at 200.  Not table pounding cheap here but they will continue to grow.

(12-16-2021, 02:45 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 02:32 PM)TMW Wrote: Own PYPL. Down 22% SQ. Down 28% A few DKNG down 21% will hold but wish i had sold Draftkings at up 40%

NVDA down almost 20 today ?   What is everyone thinking. ?  Valuation

I own NVDA but at much lower levels. However if it goes down another $20-$30 tomorrow may add 

You know its a bad day in the market when T is up 7.33% VZ is up 4.4%. I may buy puts as these will both come down in a few days  Big Grin There cheap enough
T and VZ are finally safer than tech. And yes NVDA valuation is getting nutty. That only works when the market is happy. I'd love to own some cheaper. Wonderful company and the margin of safety is nuthin right now.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 12-16-2021

(11-15-2021, 10:23 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:01 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Me too on CRWD. I need to add  more growth. That's what everyone wants these days. Tired of being in the names that don't move lol

Finally sold my T after 8 years. Had enough lol
Nobody can say you weren't patient.  I've held a few dogs for decades but two years is about the max these days before I try to slap myself out of denial.

(12-16-2021, 02:03 PM)MrFortune Wrote: Do you think the people who bought these names will ever see there money back? We call them bagholders

TDOC $308 to now $88
UPST $401 to $146
COUP - $377 to $151
HOOD - $85 to $18
PTON - $171 to $39
ZM - $451 to $180
U - $210 to $133
PLTR - $45 to $17
CRWD - $299 to $199
DKNG - $75 to $27
SQ - $298 to $177
PYPL - $310 to $190

Wow, glad I sold UPST last month!

SOXL has huge swings.  It is the nature of the beast.  I am not worried in the slightest, and am confident that it will be over $100/share at this time next year.  Probably over $120/share.  Most if not all the companies in the SOXX index are very profitable, and I maintain that chips are the lifeblood of the new economy.

OK, my solar is now lying in the gutter bleeding out and left for dead. Smile They are down at least 30% on average. Good thing I bought profitable companies, like it mattered lol. I need to check on the non-profitable ones. I am going to have to take a break from adding as they have blown through all support like it didn't even matter. I preach patience here as it pertains to catching falling knives. I better take my own advice and add on the way back up.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 12-16-2021

(12-16-2021, 03:43 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:01 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Me too on CRWD. I need to add  more growth. That's what everyone wants these days. Tired of being in the names that don't move lol

Nobody can say you weren't patient.  I've held a few dogs for decades but two years is about the max these days before I try to slap myself out of denial.

TDOC $308 to now $88
UPST $401 to $146
COUP - $377 to $151
HOOD - $85 to $18
PTON - $171 to $39
ZM - $451 to $180
U - $210 to $133
PLTR - $45 to $17
CRWD - $299 to $199
DKNG - $75 to $27
SQ - $298 to $177
PYPL - $310 to $190

SOXL has huge swings.  It is the nature of the beast.  I am not worried in the slightest, and am confident that it will be over $100/share at this time next year.  Probably over $120/share.  Most if not all the companies in the SOXX index are very profitable, and I maintain that chips are the lifeblood of the new economy.

I have puts in SOXL. So I hope it will go much, much lower. Sorry lol. I can see $38-$40. I'm in no rush to cover 

I'm short a lot of names in the tech space. There were all easy plays and had no business being at levels they were. It's now time for the dividend stocks to have there big runs.

Go T and VZ  Big Grin These stocks were so out of favor and now the shorts finally had enough and covered. T back to $28 soon. Watch and see 

And I love hearing you say chips are the lifeblood of the new economy. It's statements like that.... That get you in trouble. Don't believe the chip shortage and all that BS. It was just the powers to be making you think that and soon as they were done playing games and raising targets they all got out. You remember the .com bubble? Well this isn't that but it's pretty close with the valuations they were all given  Big Grin

Didn't you say the same with MRNA HEHE! Sell it and buy LLY  Tongue

ABBV, LLY, PG, AOS, CSCO, CVS, MCD, PEP, NEE and TSCO (ALL in my top 10 hit new highs today)

BRK.B and IRM also new highs just outside my top 10

I have learned. Don't invest too much in those high flyers. They look good initially until they drop the rug from underneath you. Give me slow and steady any day!

In tech I only own CSCO, MSFT, APPL and AVGO

(12-16-2021, 04:25 PM)Mr1share Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 03:43 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

TDOC $308 to now $88
UPST $401 to $146
COUP - $377 to $151
HOOD - $85 to $18
PTON - $171 to $39
ZM - $451 to $180
U - $210 to $133
PLTR - $45 to $17
CRWD - $299 to $199
DKNG - $75 to $27
SQ - $298 to $177
PYPL - $310 to $190

I have puts in SOXL. So I hope it will go much, much lower. Sorry lol. I can see $38-$40. I'm in no rush to cover 

I'm short a lot of names in the tech space. There were all easy plays and had no business being at levels they were. It's now time for the dividend stocks to have there big runs.

Go T and VZ  Big Grin These stocks were so out of favor and now the shorts finally had enough and covered. T back to $28 soon. Watch and see 

And I love hearing you say chips are the lifeblood of the new economy. It's statements like that.... That get you in trouble. Don't believe the chip shortage and all that BS. It was just the powers to be making you think that and soon as they were done playing games and raising targets they all got out. You remember the .com bubble? Well this isn't that but it's pretty close with the valuations they were all given  Big Grin

Didn't you say the same with MRNA HEHE! Sell it and buy LLY  Tongue

ABBV, LLY, PG, AOS, CSCO, CVS, MCD, PEP, NEE and TSCO (ALL in my top 10 hit new highs today)

BRK.B and IRM also new highs just outside my top 10

I have learned. Don't invest too much in those high flyers. They look good initially until they drop the rug from underneath you. Give me slow and steady any day!

In tech I only own CSCO, MSFT, APPL and AVGO

Congrats on all your 52 week highs. I hold almost all of those names except IRM. (Sold that one way too early after getting in at $24 lol)

TSCO is a beast. One of my favorite companies. Own it as well as well in my sons account

Tech will come back. Just not the ones who never make a dime  Big Grin

I don't agree with you on SOXL or chip stocks. Many in that ETF are high quality names. They are just caught in the middle of this brutal tech sell off. But if it gets to $40 I will buy while you cover lol. Stocks like TXN, AVGO and NVDA are hear to stay.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 12-16-2021

(12-16-2021, 04:18 PM)fenders53 Wrote: OK, my solar is now lying in the gutter bleeding out and left for dead. Smile  They are down at least 30% on average.  Good thing I bought profitable companies, like it mattered lol.  I need to check on the non-profitable ones.  I am going to have to take a break from adding as they have blown through all support like it didn't even matter. I preach patience here as it pertains to catching falling knives. I better take my own advice and add on the way back up.

My girlfriend's small portfolio is mostly solar as well.  I try to preach chip stocks but she only wants to invest in solar.  I better not ask her about her port today.

He's still sitting on way over a 100% gain in chips since last year and it's his largest holding by far so there's that. Yeah I would back off on the leverage here. Much safer to ride out a big win in SOXX. No time limit as option decay isn't hurting you.

(12-16-2021, 04:37 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 04:18 PM)fenders53 Wrote: OK, my solar is now lying in the gutter bleeding out and left for dead. Smile  They are down at least 30% on average.  Good thing I bought profitable companies, like it mattered lol.  I need to check on the non-profitable ones.  I am going to have to take a break from adding as they have blown through all support like it didn't even matter. I preach patience here as it pertains to catching falling knives. I better take my own advice and add on the way back up.

My girlfriend's small portfolio is mostly solar as well.  I try to preach chip stocks but she only wants to invest in solar.  I better not ask her about her port today.
I trade them mostly but got bit this time.  There are only about four I would buy and hold.  75% of my solar gains vaporized for now.  I don't own any I'm not OK with holding.  They are about 5% of my port.

(12-16-2021, 04:46 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 04:37 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

I trade them mostly but got bit this time.  There are only about four I would buy and hold.  75% of my solar gains vaporized for now.  I don't own any I'm not OK with holding.  They are about 5% of my port.

Solar stocks are like pot stocks. They were all hyped and everyone wanted them. They will soon be a thing of the past  Big Grin  I say sell every solar stock and smoke pot and anf forget you ever owned them lol