Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Bugdoc82 - 12-13-2021

I sold a small position in SYY and started a new position in SNA. Better SSD safety, div growth and kind of equal yield. I also wanted to spread some staples money into industrials.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividendwayfarer - 12-13-2021

Bought MRK & EOG today. I added a little TROW yesterday.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rnsmth - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 04:37 PM)kolpin Wrote: Hi SA Peeps and others (good to see you here, EricL),

Ending the year with a flurry of buys around Thanksgivingmostly of stocks I already own. However, 2 new ones crept on my radar where I recently made initial buys for the first time, HON in early December. And now today, I made a purchase of TROW.

Back up to 70 positions in my portfolio or thereabouts! I'll whittle it down next year with some planned sells of other stocks.

Hi and welcome kolpin.  I look forward to you contrubuting here

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 04:37 PM)kolpin Wrote: Hi SA Peeps and others (good to see you here, EricL),

Ending the year with a flurry of buys around Thanksgivingmostly of stocks I already own. However, 2 new ones crept on my radar where I recently made initial buys for the first time, HON in early December. And now today, I made a purchase of TROW.

Back up to 70 positions in my portfolio or thereabouts! I'll whittle it down next year with some planned sells of other stocks.

Welcome kolpin, great to see you made it over!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-14-2021

(12-13-2021, 04:21 PM)EricL Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 04:00 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 02:38 PM)EricL Wrote: Sold my few shares of ONL from the O spinoff and pooled it with dividends to add a few more shares of EOG ahead of the special dividend.
Squeeze in some month 12 income Eric.  Are you going to hit the 2021 goal?  Raises have been good this year so I am guessing it's close with pooled Div reinvestment?  I enjoy watching the battle and cheering you on Smile

I should be in good shape. Think I'll end up a bit under 12% growth for the year.

Getting a good start to 2022 as well with eight double-digit dividend increase announcements in the last six weeks.
Last half of the year was good for Div raises. You should be good next year and perhaps all the way until the next recession.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 12-14-2021

I was very close to buying BBY or WSM in my Roth. Both met my target price, $100/$170. But I'd have had to sell MO with its ex-div coming up. Good chance one or both keep tailing off. If not, oh well - and WSM is quite volatile, seems to regularly provide opportunities.. Does have me wishing for my IRA rollover date to get here.

You just might get a chance with WSM. Valuation looks fair but that chart is rough.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 12-14-2021

(12-14-2021, 05:37 AM)cemanuel Wrote: I was very close to buying BBY or WSM in my Roth. Both met my target price, $100/$170. But I'd have had to sell MO with its ex-div coming up. Good chance one or both keep tailing off. If not, oh well - and WSM is quite volatile, seems to regularly provide opportunities.. Does have me wishing for my IRA rollover date to get here.

I bought BBY yesterday just under $99. Great dividend and valuation. MO is just another value trap. BBY same dividend payout of .90 and more growth. 

WSM is one of my favs. I'm looking to enter today. There always packed and now valuation is very low at a forward PE of 10

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 12-14-2021

Added WSM, TGT, MRK and CM

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 12-14-2021

Bought BBY, DKS, WSM and GPN

Trimmed FB, MKC, and some UTES

(12-14-2021, 11:05 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought BBY, DKS, WSM and GPN

Trimmed FB, MKC, and some UTES
Probably a wise move on the UTEs.  They should not be up in the face of these inflation number that are flat scary.  Solar is getting murdered for weeks now.  I am going to start wading in deeper today.  I believe in them for the mid term and only buy profitable ones so it's as good a place as any for my non conservative port allotment.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 12-14-2021

Added WSM, AVGO, NVDA, MRK and LRCX

ENPH getting hammered. Hoping to add in mid $170's