Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 12-08-2021

(12-08-2021, 02:15 PM)Kerim Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 11:09 AM)divmenow Wrote: I bet no ones owns META here do they Wink

If you mean FB, I do. It is just too cheap to ignore, and it continues to generate breathtaking amounts of cash -- even before talking about the 'metaverse'.

And I DO  think the 'metaverse' is coming, and that it is going to create an ungodly amount of wealth for the winners. I have no idea whether FB will be one of them, but at least they seem to be focused on it, so why not?

No Kerim. I mean META the ETF. Listed Funds Trust - Roundhill Ball Metaverse ETF

It's top 10 holdings are NVDA, RBLX, MSFT, FB, U, AMZM, AAPL, QCOM, ADSK and TSM

This is a nice ETF if you want to be in the space.

I also bought MRK

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 12-08-2021

(12-08-2021, 02:45 PM)divmenow Wrote:

If you mean FB, I do. It is just too cheap to ignore, and it continues to generate breathtaking amounts of cash -- even before talking about the 'metaverse'.

And I DO  think the 'metaverse' is coming, and that it is going to create an ungodly amount of wealth for the winners. I have no idea whether FB will be one of them, but at least they seem to be focused on it, so why not?

No Kerim. I mean META the ETF. Listed Funds Trust - Roundhill Ball Metaverse ETF

It's top 10 holdings are NVDA, RBLX, MSFT, FB, U, AMZM, AAPL, QCOM, ADSK and TSM

I also bought MRK
 Thanks -- I'll give it a look.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-09-2021

I also bought MRK
Looks like a very good ETF if you want to be in the space.  Without looking I am guessing last weeks price is looking good right now.

On a side note....  I go on vacation for a couple days and work a couple more and you start buying MRK?    Big Grin 

Stay tuned, I am going to try to make some new put selling income today and lock in some profits from the November sells.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - mrw11g - 12-09-2021

Started CMCSA yesterday. Added to SCHD.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 09:07 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

I also bought MRK
Looks like a very good ETF if you want to be in the space.  Without looking I am guessing last weeks price is looking good right now.

On a side note....  I go on vacation for a couple days and work a couple more and you start buying MRK?    Big Grin 

Stay tuned, I am going to try to make some new put selling income today and lock in some profits from the November sells.

Yeah sorry I went boring and bought MRK. I figured why not. Good entry point off from $91 lol

CMCSA is getting very interesting here. But this sector is way out of favor. I may wait to see If I can get even cheaper.

(12-09-2021, 10:26 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 09:07 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

I also bought MRK

Yeah sorry I went boring and bought MRK. I figured why not. Good entry point off from $91 lol

CMCSA is getting very interesting here. But this sector is way out of favor. I may wait to see If I can get even cheaper.
I have similar thoughts on CMCSA.  The sector is hated so it needs watched.  Nothing really wrong with MRK but I have plenty of pharma and you know my PFE story.  I don't want to repeat that.    

Closed my V puts.  That one got a little scary but ended with a 90% profit.  I am short on spec stuff so sold another SOFI put at strike 15.50

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - DividendGarden - 12-09-2021

What's going on with AT&T (T)? It's gone from $32 to $22 in seven months.

(12-09-2021, 12:34 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: What's going on with AT&T (T)?  It's gone from $32 to $22 in seven months.

It's a yield trap.  We have discussed this at great length.   The yield is awesome so you might be fine in 20 years if they don't BK. Sad Sorry but nothing but tough love from me on T. After five or ten years of obvious mismanagement we get what we ask for. The reduced dividend should be safe for those satisfied with that.

HRL is my top performing stock today. Has hell frozen over? Smile

Sold an ENPH put strike 210 because I am brave like that lol. Over $550 income for two weeks work. What could possibly go wrong? Smile

It seems high PE and small caps have resumed the regularly scheduled beatings.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 01:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote: HRL is my top performing stock today.  Has hell frozen over?  Smile

Sold an ENPH put strike 210 because I am brave like that lol.  Over $550 income for two weeks work.  What could possibly go wrong?  Smile

My top was CVS, though I only have 2 shares Smile

Huge swings lately.  I need to go back to my plan of not looking until Dec 31st, but I want to see AVGO's dividend increase effect on my Estimated Annual Income.  Will probably take a few days.  At $7230 now (~$600/month); the plan is between more funds pouring in from company stock to dividend raises that I reach $10,800 next year ($900/month), then $14,400 the year after that ($1200/month).

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 12-09-2021

any AVGO buyers before the bell? Smile pretty good post-market earnings call.

(12-09-2021, 04:38 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 01:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote: HRL is my top performing stock today.  Has hell frozen over?  Smile

Sold an ENPH put strike 210 because I am brave like that lol.  Over $550 income for two weeks work.  What could possibly go wrong?  Smile

My top was CVS, though I only have 2 shares Smile

Huge swings lately.  I need to go back to my plan of not looking until Dec 31st, but I want to see AVGO's dividend increase effect on my Estimated Annual Income.  Will probably take a few days.  At $7230 now (~$600/month); the plan is between more funds pouring in from company stock to dividend raises that I reach $10,800 next year ($900/month), then $14,400 the year after that ($1200/month).
Just pop some popcorn and stay tuned.  Eventually we are going to persuade you to not worry about the day to day swings.  Your port is having a fine year so don't stress it.  I enjoy watching the fireworks even when it doesn't go my way.