Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 12-07-2021

New position in CMCSA at $48.86. I haven't been in this name for years lol

Anyone own it?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 12-07-2021

(12-07-2021, 11:01 AM)divmenow Wrote: New position in CMCSA at $48.86. I haven't been in this name for years lol

Anyone own it?

I own it. Starting to get interested in adding again on the pullback as it's now down ~20% from 52-week highs.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Scooterd - 12-07-2021

I started a position in CMCSA in June 2020 time frame. CMCSA is a planned hold (3-5 year) communications sector investment within my portfolio.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - wildpitcher - 12-07-2021

I own CMCSA and I bought more today when it dropped 5%. I think it is a great value now.

Dave

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-07-2021

I don't think I have purchased a single share of anything for about 5 days. That may be a 2021 record for me. Smile

For those who haven't seen it, this is an eye opener. 50 tech IPOs or SPACS in 2021. Only one of 50 isn't currently in a bear market (20%) correction at the moment. Many are down 50%+. Those are ugly stats. This is why we don't chase foolishness. This is off their highs and doesn't necessarily mean you are down if you got in near the initial offering price, but that is generally difficult. I am going to guess the odds you bought a bunch of them and came anywhere near sniffing SPY 2021 performance is damned slim today.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/07/tech-ipos-a-bad-bet-in-2021-all-but-one-in-bear-market-territory.html

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 12-08-2021

Bought CI and sold calls.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 12-08-2021

New positions in MRK and added to BX and TGT

Wanted to get in the Meta universe space so bought some META

I already own GOOG, MSFT, AAPL, RBLX, COIN but all those others in the space would rather just own the ETF

I bet no ones owns META here do they Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 12-08-2021

(12-08-2021, 11:09 AM)divmenow Wrote: New positions in MRK and added to BX and TGT

I already own GOOG, MSFT, AAPL, RBLX, COIN but all those others in the space would rather just own the ETF

I have puts sold on it. If it stays below $330 will get some decent position.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 12-08-2021

(12-08-2021, 11:09 AM)divmenow Wrote: New positions in MRK and added to BX and TGT

I like MRK at these levels as well.

META? Hmm I may have to join you in that one. I like all the holdings. And I agree to hard to figure out the winners in that space. Better if they pick them for you.

Any thoughts on FDX 

Added WMT. Forward PE now 20. I'm ok buying it at $136

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 12-08-2021

Bought a tiny amount of ECC Eagle Point Credit Company from dividends because it looks interesting. Special dividend due to shareholders of record by Dec 21st.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 12-08-2021

(12-08-2021, 11:28 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Bought a tiny amount of ECC Eagle Point Credit Company from dividends because it looks interesting.  Special dividend due to shareholders of record by Dec 21st.

Looks interesting. But the stock will fall back .50 cents on ex dividend day. So you pretty much will break even. 

I looked into this one. They are making a boat load of money and the dividend is 9.25% and PE 2.38 lol. May be a value trap here. 

If it were to fall below $14 I may be interested. Added to my watch list.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 12-08-2021

(12-08-2021, 11:09 AM)divmenow Wrote: I bet no ones owns META here do they Wink

If you mean FB, I do. It is just too cheap to ignore, and it continues to generate breathtaking amounts of cash -- even before talking about the 'metaverse'.

And I DO think the 'metaverse' is coming, and that it is going to create an ungodly amount of wealth for the winners. I have no idea whether FB will be one of them, but at least they seem to be focused on it, so why not?