Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 12-02-2021

VIAC < $30 hitting 1 year low. Uncertainty on their div/growth so not quite comfortable starting a position.

Also watching DG today.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 12-02-2021

Back into JNJ, CI, AMGN and DG

Never thought after selling JNJ at $178 would see $1157

Bought PRTY as fun trade. My niece is the manger of one of there stores and says they are doing well.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-02-2021

(12-02-2021, 12:52 PM)divmenow Wrote: Back into JNJ, CI, AMGN and DG

Never thought after selling JNJ at $178 would see $1157

Bought PRTY as fun trade. My niece is the manger of one of there stores and says they are doing well.
Same, I sold some JNJ much higher.  I always keep a core position though because that has worked for 25yrs.  So.... I've been waiting for a chance to get some of my way too large BMY position into JNJ.  The BMY up to JNJ down spread has been well over 2% today. I know which one I'd rather be overweight in if the market gets trashed.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 12-02-2021

BABA about to get delisted. Get out while you still can. I just sold for a pretty big loss. I will park the money else where between QQQ and SMH

Today added QQQ, SMH, RTX, EOG, and DG

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 12-02-2021

(12-02-2021, 02:39 PM)kblake Wrote: BABA about to get delisted. Get out while you still can. I just sold for a pretty big loss. I will park the money else where between QQQ and SMH

Today added QQQ, SMH, RTX, EOG, and DG

I have a feeling that is going to happen. China no longer wants to be in the same sentence as the US. BABA will say goodbye and be a Chinese traded company on the hang seng only. The selling will continue. I too decided I had enough. No reason to fight it. The funny thing is BABA makes more money then AMZN  Big Grin

I like you adds.

I bought some CMI, FDX , AMGN and ATVI

Nobody knows if BABA will be delisted, but the old adage is true. "Don't fight the tape". You will lose more often than you win so avoid falling knives. If the BABA noise stopped today they would still be years regaining investor confidence. I'm actually pretty stubborn so it's some small miracle I got out of BABA with a profit. Somebody will probably catch the bottom and score. It's just not worth the risk at this price point. It will go sub 100 if the market gets rough or much more BS happens.

Guru,

Since we are VSTO buddies Smile thought I would let you know. Smith and Wesson just blew revenues by about 10%. Ruger may or may not be next. As we know VSTO doesn't sell guns but they used to and get they still sucked into the industry results every time until the market wises up. They are still gaming an ammo shortage so we are probably good lol.

Anyway, if your DEC put sell gets in trouble and you don't want o be exercised consider rolling it forward to JAN and collect 2-4% more premium at the same strike. I've traded over 40 VSTO options and never had to do this but just in case, I know it will work. They sell plenty more than bullets and next spring will be hopping as we re-open again. First QTR 22 could be less amazing but that's a wild guess.

If VSTO gets hit I will be selling JAN 35 puts. Strike 35s because I don't really need more shares. Smile I have done that plenty of times on dips and they never get anywhere near being exercised.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 12-02-2021

Wow DOCU down $65 AH’s. No one owns this name do they?

This just goes to show you just how many of these momentum stocks were over valued. At some point they will be buys again. Let the tax selling come in. GURU you probably just bought 3 shares right lol

(12-02-2021, 06:41 PM)divmenow Wrote: Wow DOCU down $65 AH’s. No one owns this name do they?

This just goes to show you just how many of these momentum stocks were over valued. At some point they will be buys again. Let the tax selling come in. GURU you probably just bought 3 shares right lol
First mover with no moat.  It had to end eventually.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 12-02-2021

(12-02-2021, 06:58 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 06:41 PM)divmenow Wrote: Wow DOCU down $65 AH’s. No one owns this name do they?

First mover with no moat.  It had to end eventually.

Wow sad to see.  One of our partners.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-03-2021

Still a good business. Same with high end exercise bikes, web doctor consulting and Zoom meetings. The market priced the stocks like they were in hyper growth for 5+ years with no competition. If you got in late or too greedy to trim you lose eventually. Momentum is cruel if you buy and hold like valuation no longer matters.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 12-03-2021

(12-03-2021, 05:20 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Still a good business.  Same with high end exercise bikes, web doctor consulting and Zoom meetings.  The market priced the stocks like they were in hyper growth for 5+ years with no competition.  If you got in late or too greedy to trim you lose eventually.  Momentum is cruel if you buy and hold like valuation no longer matters.

Did you just put high end bicycles in that conversation lol. PTON is nothing more then an average work out bike with monitor on top. That my friend you can just ride your $100 stationary bike and watch YouTube  Wink