Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 12-01-2021

That 52 week low list is just going to keep getting lower. Say goodbye to everyone's retirement. Good old Biden gotta love that old man Wink

I predict by next Friday everyone will be jumping out of windows and selling everything at a loss on fear Smile

XMAS rally my ass lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 03:22 PM)stockguru Wrote: That 52 week low list is just going to keep getting lower. Say goodbye to everyone's retirement. Good old Biden gotta love that old man Wink

I predict by next Friday everyone will be jumping out of windows and selling everything at a loss on fear Smile

XMAS rally my ass lol

Did everyone enjoy the sucker rally today?  I have enough cash put aside to retire for 2 or 3 years.  Then I am back at HD selling fancy doors I guess.  Smile

Glad I am invested fairly conservative.  I watch a lot of Youtube channels for entertainment and the gamblers are jumping out of basement windows already.  The sketchy small caps are getting destroyed for months now.  High PEs are out of style if you aren't printing money now.

I did trim some oil and a few sold puts while it was up today. Mostly just have to ride it out though. No avoiding this if you are invested enough.

Added a few more shares of FB and QQQ at the close. I think I have about five stocks that are green. Smile Everything was green this morning.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 04:05 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Added a few more shares of FB and QQQ at the close.  I think I have about five stocks that are green. Smile  Everything was green this morning.

I had no green but the leftover $1 in my pocket  Big Grin

Well at least now all those people who were sitting home at of work playing the market can now finally get a job. They will need to do since there portfolios are running on low  Big Grin

Maybe that was the Democrats plan all along. Spook the market on some bogus virus to cause panic. Looks like it's working  Big Grin

Most investors are fully invested so they can't do a thing. For most of these names they will never see those all times highs anytime soon if ever..

I took a bath today and I'm not talking in the tub    Tongue

I think I lost over 9k just in the last week. Ouch

(12-01-2021, 04:12 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 04:05 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Added a few more shares of FB and QQQ at the close.  I think I have about five stocks that are green. Smile  Everything was green this morning.

I had no green but the leftover $1 in my pocket  Big Grin

Well at least now all those people who were sitting home at of work playing the market can now finally get a job. They will need to do since there portfolios are running on low  Big Grin

Maybe that was the Democrats plan all along. Spook the market on some bogus virus to cause panic. Looks like it's working  Big Grin

Most investors are fully invested so they can't do a thing. For most of these names they will never see those all times highs anytime soon if ever..

I took a bath today and I'm not talking in the tub    Tongue

I think I lost over 9k just in the last week. Ouch
Everybody invested in stocks is down this week.   I am down about 3% off the high.  I have too much cash 90% of the time and occasionally it pays off.  Just have to be careful where I throw it.  It's boring but index ETFs is where I need to invest most of it gradually.  Stocks in freefall are real bad news if this continues.   I jumped in too fast during Covid crash, but that's not what this is IMO. IMO we could be in for  weeks of very choppy.  Lots of news coming the next few weeks.  Most of it noise in the end.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 12-01-2021

my normal portfolio is holding up just fine. Zero worries there, even if we dive another 30%.

Can't say the same about my option trades though. I'm getting eaten alive out there. Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 12-01-2021

Today was nuts. For one, brief shining moment my port was up $20k which would match my all time best day. Ended the day $7k in the hole instead. As Fenders said it’s all noise.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-02-2021

It's not all news.  Tax loss selling the small spec stocks with no earnings.  Big money locking in their profits for end of year reports.  Some of the charts I watch look like a big boy has a limit sell order in, blocking any rally at the same price for days on end.

Market won't like higher rates, but will get used to a half point increase.  US debt ceiling will be raised.  The one thing that would scare me is large countries locking down ports or manufacturing.  It will lead to further supply  chain issues and more inflation.  If inflation stays too high then interest rates will rise.  FED controls short term rates and they have to stop buying bonds.  Market is not going to loan longterm money at 3% much longer if they believe inflation is stuck at 4-6% for years.  Companies with big debt will suffer.  That isn't  different this time.  It's all noise until we lose control.  

That's my 2022-23 wall of worry.  Smile  Market is just being the market right now.  We could still rally by end of year.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 12-02-2021

Hoping to get DG around $205

(12-02-2021, 09:58 AM)stockguru Wrote: Hoping to get DG around $205
Sure, wish for my port to drip.  Smile  Kidding, that is one I intend to hold for years so I don't care.  Lately I've made more money swing trading the covered call I have sold against it most of the time.  DG is volatile for what it is.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 12-02-2021

Did some shopping today. 12 tech names at 3-5 shares each. Just going slow. And if they take off again I'm fine with that lol

Added some MDT, DG and JNJ as well

Sold my vix calls

That isn't a bad plan. If the they rocket up you can thin them out for a profit if you wish.

Added a few more shares of FB. I am going slow too. Half expecting the market to turn red later today. We seem to have a little rotation to the DGI stuff today. We'll see if it lasts.