Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 11-30-2021

Decided to look a few minutes early...

Apple is my only positive position today. Wow, quite the carnage!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-30-2021

Be happy you don't own a port full of small caps. The class of 2020 stock investors found out what down 50% or more feels like. No fun to underperform SPY by 75%.

I did a fair amount of buying today. Index ETFs SPY-QQQ. Added some FB and JNJ. My port is hanging in their except the Russell 2000 put assignments I will be eating soon. I think that index is way undervalued for 2022 but I will be underwater for a good while.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 12-01-2021

I didn't expect to dump DFEN, DRN, & LHX until next year, but it happened today because they no longer represented taxable events and ORCL was at a good price.

So I ...

Met my 100 share target for ORCL. Yay!
Brought RIO up to 50. Halfway there!
Brought RETL up to 300. Work your Christmas magic retail!
Incremented CIK, LYG, and HPQ a bit as well.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 12-01-2021

Defense won't likely have a catalyst soon. I am hoping to add LHX back on a dip. I will be amazed if the DEMs don't get torched in the midterms so the threat will go away. Same with oil. Keep attacking them and then wonder why high gas prices get you fired next November.

Added to FB

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 01:39 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Added to FB

I will add at $250  Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kered - 12-01-2021

Opened my first position in FB except this morning at 326. Im in it for the long haul so it doesnt really matter but still sucks being down 2% the first day. lol just means i can average down later.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 11:10 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I didn't expect to dump DFEN, DRN, & LHX until next year, but it happened today because they no longer represented taxable events and ORCL was at a good price.  

So I ...

Met my 100 share target for ORCL.   Yay!
Brought RIO up to 50.  Halfway there!
Brought RETL up to 300.  Work your Christmas magic retail!

What about your CRM down $26 today. Adding to that one  Tongue

ORCL never have been a fan of. 

RIO hopefully its near the bottom

Ask her how her PYPL JAN Strike 210 calls are doing. Smile

(12-01-2021, 01:50 PM)keredYpou\ll be fine. Wrote:

Opened my first position in FB except this morning at 326. Im in it for the long haul so it doesnt really matter but still sucks being down 2% the first day. lol just means i can average down later.
2% is a rounding error if you are investing.  Yeah I try to buy the bottom but you'll be fine.  I have added shares from about 319 to 330 the past few months.  I sell puts and could get sucked into 100-200 shares so I just nibble FB shares on the side and build a position.  Governments around the world never get tired of beating Big Tech up and they will be in the headlines constantly as they continue to print money.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 11:29 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Defense won't likely have a catalyst soon.  I am hoping to add LHX back on a dip.  I will be amazed if the DEMs don't get torched in the midterms so the threat will go away.  Same with oil.  Keep attacking them and then wonder why high gas prices get you fired next November.

(12-01-2021, 01:51 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 11:10 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I didn't expect to dump DFEN, DRN, & LHX until next year, but it happened today because they no longer represented taxable events and ORCL was at a good price.  

So I ...

Met my 100 share target for ORCL.   Yay!
Brought RIO up to 50.  Halfway there!
Brought RETL up to 300.  Work your Christmas magic retail!

What about your CRM down $26 today. Adding to that one  Tongue

ORCL never have been a fan of. 

RIO hopefully its near the bottom

Not my CRMCRM and NOW are the competition.  I work for PEGA.

ORCL is a cloud leader; up 43% year to date which isn't too shabby.  I know the headquarters aren't in Boston but there's a big Oracle building on route 95/128 in Woburn here Smile  Maybe I'm wrong but I think they are joining the pantheon of Amazon, Google, and Microsoft in cloud dominance.

Yes I think RIO bottomed out.  Here's to climbing back into the 80s now  Cool

LOL you can quit your day job if you figure out where commodities are going to trade next month. Steel should be OK for awhile IMO. I bought CLF down here.