Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 11-29-2021

Grabbed a little more VIAC this morning.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kered - 11-29-2021

Picked up a little more ENB

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-30-2021

(11-29-2021, 06:58 PM)kered Wrote: Picked up a little more ENB
ENB is starting to look attractive for a high yielder.  Pipelines will come back in style after we pay high gas prices for a while and people figure out we all can't drive around on windmill power next year. Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 11-30-2021

I remember when people thought T was a bargain at $28. It's now $23 lol

Anyone still own or buying at this $23 level or selling for s tax loss Wink

(11-30-2021, 10:07 AM)stockguru Wrote: I remember when people thought T was a bargain at $28. It's now $23 lol

Not even funny at this point.  A lot of folks here own quite a few shares.  It's a complete dumpster fire.  I think there are only about two full dividends left.  I highly suspect it's going to get tax loss sold down close to $20. I owned a lot of shares a few months before their spin off announcement.

If I just had to own the sector in a taxable account I'd park the money in VZ for 30 days. Then another 300 days after that to be honest. The crazy thing is the way it is going T will save money on the Div which was the plan, and the stock will be so beat down new investors will still get a stupid high yield.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividendwayfarer - 11-30-2021

Added on CI & a little BABA today

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 11-30-2021

(11-15-2021, 10:23 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:01 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Me too on CRWD. I need to add  more growth. That's what everyone wants these days. Tired of being in the names that don't move lol

Finally sold my T after 8 years. Had enough lol
Nobody can say you weren't patient.  I've held a few dogs for decades but two years is about the max these days before I try to slap myself out of denial.

(11-30-2021, 10:42 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 10:07 AM)stockguru Wrote: I remember when people thought T was a bargain at $28. It's now $23 lol

Not even funny at this point.  A lot of folks here own quite a few shares.  It's a complete dumpster fire.  I think there are only about two full dividends left.  I highly suspect it's going to get tax loss sold down close to $20. I owned a lot of shares a few months before their spin off announcement.

If I just had to own the sector in a taxable account I'd park the money in VZ for 30 days.  Then another 300 days after that to be honest.  The crazy thing is the way it is going T will save money on the Div which was the plan, and the stock will be so beat down new investors will still get a stupid high yield.

Wow 9.16% dividend for T now.  OHI is up to 9.68% as it has dropped to $27.67.

Another dumpster fire is ORC, whose dividend has reached 17.07% as it drops to $4.57.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 11-30-2021

(11-30-2021, 11:35 AM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote: Added on CI & a little BABA today

I added BABA as well as PM, GOLD and AXP

A lot of my stocks are going to take years to get back to even now  Big Grin

Relentless tax selling. 

Glad I sold T at $29. The  dividend is done so no point in holding it any longer

(11-30-2021, 11:38 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:23 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:01 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Me too on CRWD. I need to add  more growth. That's what everyone wants these days. Tired of being in the names that don't move lol

Finally sold my T after 8 years. Had enough lol
Nobody can say you weren't patient.  I've held a few dogs for decades but two years is about the max these days before I try to slap myself out of denial.

(11-30-2021, 10:42 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

If I just had to own the sector in a taxable account I'd park the money in VZ for 30 days.  Then another 300 days after that to be honest.  The crazy thing is the way it is going T will save money on the Div which was the plan, and the stock will be so beat down new investors will still get a stupid high yield.

Wow 9.16% dividend for T now.  OHI is up to 9.68% as it has dropped to $27.67.

Another dumpster fire is ORC, whose dividend has reached 17.07% as it drops to $4.57.
I feel a lot better having dumped all my yield traps a few months ago.  I dodged a bullet selling my SPACs in time as well.  I was asking for trouble with both and it always comes eventually.  

This is Black Tuesday shopping for me and I will share a lot of trades later.  I jumped in too fast during the Covid crash.  This will be nothing like that IMO, but I am still going to only buy stocks/ETFs I want to hold for years and keep the purchases smaller.  Closed most of my puts that were profitable at all or very close to even.  I was supposed to transfer my account to Schwab today but I will lose the ability to trade for 5 days.  I need to prepare for that.  I sure don't want 50 option contracts open and zero control.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MikeWa - 11-30-2021

(11-30-2021, 12:11 PM)fenders53 Wrote:   I was supposed to transfer my account to Schwab today but I will lose the ability to trade for 5 days.  I need to prepare for that.  I sure don't want 50 option contracts open and zero control.

You can make your transfer in two instances. Not sure how much cash you have, but in first transfer you can do half cash and all or some stocks in kind, and once your securities and cash show up at Schwab, initiate transfer of the rest. This will at least give you ability to make some purchases during the transfer. That's what I did when I transferred my account to Schwab.

Also negotiate with Schwab transfer fee reimbursement. They will do that for you.

(11-30-2021, 12:32 PM)MikeWa Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 12:11 PM)fenders53 Wrote:   I was supposed to transfer my account to Schwab today but I will lose the ability to trade for 5 days.  I need to prepare for that.  I sure don't want 50 option contracts open and zero control.

You can make your transfer in two instances. Not sure how much cash you have, but in first transfer you can do half cash and all or some stocks in kind, and once your securities and cash show up at Schwab, initiate transfer of the rest. This will at least give you ability to make some purchases during the transfer. That's what I did when I transferred my account to Schwab.

Also negotiate with Schwab transfer fee reimbursement.  They will do that for you.
Thanks, I may do that.  This morning I rolled my near-term options out for weeks so it is half solved either way.  Not trading anything so sketchy I can't live with the outcome.  Schwab has been very cooperative.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - DividendGarden - 11-30-2021

Added to V, VIAC, FB, BTI, and JNJ