Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-26-2021

(11-26-2021, 12:22 PM)vbin Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 12:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 12:12 PM)vbin Wrote: Not worried about it next weekz I think the drop was too much. Supply chain issues everywhere. Did anyone noticed the sale discounts are way less this year. Earnings might reflect it.

Today's drop was nothing other than oil, but worst drop for the year in the DOW on Black Friday.  Other indexes not doing much better.  I don't remember that happening ever.  Market always has a curveball for us.  We'll hope for a bounce next week when the Pros traders return.  We'll have to wait for a catalyst.
I doubt that. I think it's a combination of this plus new covid varient. opec nations are meeting on December 2nd so they might increase the production to calm down everyone. My bet, if they increase they will do it in small number(symbolically) so that politicians can go back and say hey we did it. More oil crunch is coming.
OPEC isn't increasing production much IMO.  I have no doubt they can by spring if they wish to.  Just as US producers can. More oil crunch is fine with me.  Oil bull dreams would wreck the global economy.    I guessed right this time.

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 11-26-2021

Financials took a beating today. Might be some good buys soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-26-2021

(11-26-2021, 07:53 PM)bankerboy Wrote: Financials took a beating today. Might be some good buys soon.

Market afraid no rate raise hence no spread?  You would know more than I do for sure.

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 11-27-2021

(11-26-2021, 08:23 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 07:53 PM)bankerboy Wrote: Financials took a beating today. Might be some good buys soon.

Market afraid no rate raise hence no spread?  You would know more than I do for sure.

Will depend on how long the Covid panic drives bank stocks down. They benefit from higher rates and still have good credit metrics and decent loan demand with plenty of capital.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-28-2021

(11-27-2021, 10:50 PM)bankerboy Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 08:23 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Will depend on how long the Covid panic drives bank stocks down. They benefit from higher rates and still have good credit metrics and decent loan demand with plenty of capital.  

Not long I suspect.  The world will react to new variants as we should, but at this point we collect information.  As medically unqualified as I am to make a comment, viruses tend to mutate towards more contagious and less deadly.   

I think tomorrow will be choppy.  The Pros are back and they will be rotating to whatever they think is strong a few weeks from now.  But wait there's more.  Debt ceiling chatter will add to the drama in about a week.

I'll be nibbling and trying not to pretend I know what happens a month from now.  Financials look about as good as anything else.  If they can't grow profits some the whole market is in trouble soon anyway.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-29-2021

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving Smile

Friday I got out of my TDOC trade. In at $101 and out at $118.50. Will look to reenter below $100

Added COF and new position in AEM this morning

I got a big buying list made out. Waiting for all that tax loss selling to dry up first lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-29-2021

Back in TDOC at $100.90

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 11-29-2021

(11-29-2021, 10:41 AM)divmenow Wrote: Back in TDOC at $100.90

Nice buy.  I should have sold on Friday as well but I wasn't around.

That GOEV $12.50  calls you bought are doing great. I should have bought the stock as well. Its up like $3 since then lol

Today added some ATVI, UNH, MS and ABNB

DIS, ATVI, SAM, PYPL, TMUS, VIAC, BMY and YUMC all 52 week lows today

BMY thinking of buying here....

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-29-2021

(11-29-2021, 10:33 AM)divmenow Wrote: I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving Smile

Friday I got out of my TDOC trade. In at $101 and out at $118.50. Will look to reenter below $100

I got a big buying list made out. Waiting for all that tax loss selling to dry up first lol
Same.  I have a list but the market doesn't look healthy at all. Maybe 20 stocks trying to hold all the major indexes up.  When I buy a stock that is unloved I am going in expecting a chance to average down 10%.  IMO traders are just buying something with positive RSI and hoping, no matter the valuation.

(11-29-2021, 11:23 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 10:33 AM)divmenow Wrote: I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving Smile

Same.  I have a list but the market doesn't look healthy at all. Maybe 20 stocks trying to hold all the major indexes up.  When I buy a stock that is unloved I am going in expecting a chance to average down 10%.  IMO traders are just buying something with positive RSI and hoping, no matter the valuation.

VSTO playing puts and hope I can get executed at $41. I know you love this name  Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-29-2021

(11-29-2021, 11:38 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 11:23 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

VSTO playing puts and hope I can get executed at $41. I know you love this name  Big Grin
It's been very good to me for 15 months now.  If there is an/investment/trade I can brag about it would be VSTO.  Shares have doubled and I lost count how many times I traded puts on it.  I am probably around 40-0 and the premiums are good as the stock is just volatile enough.  What saved me is I resisted the urge to sell covered calls for a year.  I have calls sold on all my shares now but they are at 50-55 DEC-JAN.  They'll stop crushing earnings eventually but the fundamentals are crazy good even if growth is cut in half.  IMO their analysts are playing dumb so they can beat and raise guidance every quarter.  If it wasn't anti ESG the stock would be 60-80 six months ago.  They have the money to diversify away from bullets and gun accessories, and they seem to be doing that lately.       

I doubt I will add unless the market pulls back but 41 isn't a bad entry since you will be sub 40 after your premium.  Go slow on the contracts.  Never know, we might get a chance to sell strike 35s again.