Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 08:52 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some SMG, NUE and KR

I was mocked so hard here for buying KR 35% ago and now it's all the rage.  Still looks like a boring grocery store to me.  Smile 

Added a few shares of ALE to bring it up to a round lot.  Sold a new RTX put.  Plenty of cash and still waiting for the crash lol.

Nice grab on SMG. Chart looks awesome. Smile

Jimmy C got one thing right last week. Don't get sucked into morning sucker rallies. It's starting to look like a pattern.

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 09-14-2021

Picked a bit more VZ, the dividend yield is pretty attractive right now given its moderate valuation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 09-14-2021

Added to ACO-X.to (ATCO Ltd, from Canada)

Might have to pull the trigger on LMT again sometime this week if it keeps dropping.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 09-14-2021

Added some more BMY.

(09-14-2021, 12:03 PM)bankerboy Wrote: Picked a bit more VZ, the dividend yield is pretty attractive right now given its moderate valuation.

I never dreamed VZ would way underperform the SPY during peak of 5G rollout.  It's accused of being a junk bond equivalent with similar yield and and capital risk.  That seems very accurate the past few years.  I sell puts against it now and then to steal all the div yield it pays in a year.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 09-14-2021

Used pooled dividends to add another share of MED in my DGI portfolio.

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 12:54 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 12:03 PM)bankerboy Wrote: Picked a bit more VZ, the dividend yield is pretty attractive right now given its moderate valuation.

I never dreamed VZ would way underperform the SPY during peak of 5G rollout.  It's accused of being a junk bond equivalent with similar yield and and capital risk.  That seems very accurate the past few years.  I sell puts against it now and then to steal all the div yield it pays in a year.

I have about a 7 year transition to retirement so picking up a few reasonably priced values(I hope) with good dividend rates. When you look at their reasonable P/E and payout ratio at 48% it appears to be a pretty good bet. Keep in mind 95% of my portfolio is in mutual fund indexes still so being patient here and still have some liquidity to take advantage of stocks down the road.

Time will tell!

I don't think it's necessarily a bad stock. Their debt is high but they have the div covered. I just thought 5G would jump start them for a few years. Share price really has been as stable as a high yield bond fund for a long time.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividends from Scratch - 09-14-2021

Can someone tell me what's the attraction of SMG? I see a yield of 1.82%, 5 year DGR of 5%?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - NilesMike - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 04:29 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I don't think it's necessarily a bad stock. Their debt is high but they have the div covered. I just thought 5G would jump start them for a few years. Share price really has been as stable as a high yield bond fund for a long time.

Unable to discern the winner in 5G, I bought FIVG @24 a while ago.

SMG is a good growth company and industry leader. Their sales were incredible during Covid stay at home. Tough act to follow and the stock is a falling knife at the moment. I put it on my watchlist.