Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 11-19-2021

Added

TDOC

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-19-2021

(11-19-2021, 11:39 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 11:27 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I think you get the stuff now is the difference.  Sorta like 4 or six months same as cash and I am guessing weak credit score is OK.

That's exactly correct. And they don't even check credit score lol 

This will be a recipe for disaster when those people cant pay and are charged a 18.% charge  Big Grin
It will lucrative for the card issuer.  Several percent will never pay.  50% at some point won't make the cutoff and pay interest for a year.  Another group will take years to pay off something that cost $500 and pay for it about twice. 

HD pushes the heck out of cards and we sign up a lot of people daily at the registers.  A mediocre cashier can usually push one per shift.  I've sold five of them back when I used to do a cashier shift now and then.  Our stats say a new card holder will spend about $1100 at HD during  month one.  He's not going to Lowe's for awhile because he has an HD card that needs used lol.    Cashier just covered his wage in profits for at least a day peddling one credit card.  They do offer free financing for cardholders so if you are smart you can finance a project that costs a few Gs no interest if you need six months to pay it off.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-19-2021

(11-19-2021, 11:54 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added EOG and new position in VLO

Dipping slowly back into oil
That's a Monday project for me.  I have a few puts sold that are in the money a bit.  Maybe oil drops another $5 but I doubt it and it won't matter if it does.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-22-2021

Bought some TDOC as well under $112. I had sold this at $192 not that long ago lol

Some of these stocks are getting punished. You have to take the opportunity when there hated the most.

I also bought PYPL, BABA, and added MA

BABA not a fan of but at these $138 levels at least the risk reward is better now. Will take some time to move higher.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 11-22-2021

I had the same thoughts

Added TDOC, BABA, PYPL, V, MA, COF, DIS and PM

Sold SOXL calls and closed out my PTON Puts.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 11-22-2021

Added some MA, TDOC, SCCO, SRE, VLO and PYPL

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 11-22-2021

Joined in the fun Wink

Added some PYPL, MA, BABA, TDOC, CHWY and EOG

Added some dividend pools to my PEP and AVGO

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-22-2021

Sold puts in V-CVX-EOG. Was assigned some TXRH and BMY shares. Because I was running out of BMY shares lol not. Bought back a bunch of puts I squeezed most of the profits out of.

Over the weekend Bruce the robot advisor promised me a human would call me today to transfer my main account. This will be fun if I need to close out 50 option positions to proceed. Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 11-22-2021

Might have to add to V or start a new position in MA...or do both. LOL

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 11-22-2021

Bought hood and Google.

(11-22-2021, 11:09 AM)Dario33 Wrote: Might have to add to V or start a new position in MA...or do both. LOL
They are bottomless but this seems like a decent time to nibble.  I'm in at $195 but I am prepared to regret it for awhile.  I think I sold V earlier this year for $225 (on the way up) and was sorry I did.  V valuation always made me too nervous to buy a huge position but here we are now.  The battles I expect among Fintech are way baked in now IMO.

(11-22-2021, 11:02 AM)MrFortune Wrote: Joined in the fun Wink

Added some PYPL, MA, BABA, TDOC, CHWY and EOG

Added some  dividend pools to my PEP and AVGO
So what's going on with Chewy other than the 200 PE?  Not that PE's matter anymore.  Smile   I am watching it pretty close for a swing trade.